Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZireFebruary 1st, 2012 - 5:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) Car maker Maruti Suzuki Wednesday unveiled the second generation compact sedan Swift DZire.
The petrol variant of the sedan is priced between Rs.4.79 lakh and Rs.6.54 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and is powered by a K-12M VVT engine that offers fuel mileage of 19.1 km a litre.
The diesel version is priced between Rs.5.80 lakh and Rs.7.09 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and is powered by D13A inter-cooled turbocharger DDiS engine with a 7.8 percent improved mileage of 23.4 km per litre.
“This second new model in our portfolio within six months demonstrates our faith and confidence in the Indian market,” said Shinzo Nakanishi, managing director and chief executive, Maruti Suzuki.
The company expects the new Swift DZire with the full model change to strengthen the entry sedan portfolio.
Currently, Swift DZire has over 39 percent market share in the entry sedan segment with monthly sales of around 10,000 units.
Maruti Suzuki along with its vendors has invested over Rs.230 crore towards the new full model change.
This (investment) was over and above the Rs.550 crore invested towards new Swift launched earlier in this fiscal, the company said.
Overall, the new Swift DZire has over 150 changes integrated as compared to the previous model.
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki crosses 10 million sales mark - Feb 09, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches new Swift model - Aug 17, 2011
- Hindustan Motors upgrades Mitsubishi Montero - Apr 16, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki unveils multi-purpose vehicle Ertiga - Jan 06, 2012
- General Motors launches new Cruze model - Jun 27, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga, enters MUV market - Apr 12, 2012
- Toyata launches seventh generation Camry - Aug 24, 2012
- Maruti launches new varient of Alto - Aug 04, 2010
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Toyota launches hatchback car Etios Liva - Jun 27, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Maruti to focus on diesel cars (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: 12m, car maker, chief executive, crore, diesel version, fuel mileage, lakh, litre, managing director, market share, maruti suzuki, mileage, model change, New Delhi, new model, rs 6, second generation, swift, turbocharger, vvt engine