Maruti Suzuki to resume operations at Manesar soonAugust 14th, 2012 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 14 (IANS) Maruti Suzuki would announce Thursday resumption of production at its Manesar plant, a top company official said.
The top management had a meeting with Haryana government officials Monday. They again discussed the issue Tuesday.
“We have reviewed all the situations and safety parameters of working staff and surroundings. We are going to restart the work at Manesar plant very soon. An important announcement would be made after internal meeting Aug 16,” S.Y. Siddiqui, chief operating officer (administration) told IANS.
The carmaker will first start Plant B, which currently makes the Swift car model, and is expected to bring in some experienced workers from its Gurgaon plant.
The plant, which has two production lines assembling some 1,200 cars a day, was shut following the July 18 violence that claimed the life of Maruti’s senior executive Awanish Kumar Dev and left nearly 100 others injured.
Maruti declared a lockout in the plant July 21.
- Maruti to decide on restarting Manesar plant - Aug 12, 2012
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- Trade unions to march in support of Maruti workers - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti worker sent to police custody for 5 days - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Lockout to continue in Maruti's Manesar plant' - Jul 30, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Maruti's Manesar plant incident was a criminal act: Suzuki - Aug 23, 2012
- 'Police did not intervene in July 18 violence' - Jul 31, 2012
- Maruti management holds candlelight march - Aug 05, 2012
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti managers to decide co-workers, unions protests - Aug 17, 2012
- Job seekers at Maruti's Manesar plant prey for agents, touts - Aug 18, 2012
- Maruti restarts Manesar plant with 400 workers (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Mahapanchayat demands CBI probe into Maruti violence - Jul 23, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: car model, carmaker, cars, chief operating officer, government officials, important announcement, lockout, manesar, maruti suzuki, resumption, safety parameters, surroundings, suzuki, top management, violence