Maruti Suzuki sales up 15.7 percent in MayJune 1st, 2009 - 1:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) Passenger car market leader Maruti Suzuki India Ltd Monday reported a 15.7 percent surge in its sales in May.
The company sold 79,872 units, including 9,087 exported units, in May as compared to 69,001 in the same period last year, the company said in a regulatory statement.
Maruti’s volume in A2 segment comprising Alto, Wagon-R, Zen, Swift, Ritz and A-Star grew by 20.7 percent. The company sold 53,760 units in this segment in the period under review as against 44,539 units.
The A3 segment comprising of SX4 and D’zire grew by 14.1 percent while that of the C segment comprising of Omni and Versa grew by 25 percent, the statement said.
The company launched its new premium compact car Ritz during the month.
The exports for the company grew 87.1 percent reporting sales of 9,087 units in the last month as compared to 4,858 units in the same period last year.
- Maruti sales top 100,000 a month for first time - Jun 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki October sales up 39.2 percent - Nov 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki sales grow 14.74 percent at 109,743 units - Feb 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti's sales drop by 8.8 percent in June - Jul 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki November sales up 28 percent - Dec 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Maruti reports 17.3 percent jump in sales - Jul 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki sales dropped 7 percent in December - Jan 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales down 40 percent in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti car sales up 50 percent in December - Jan 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki records highest ever monthly sales - Oct 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's April sales up 3.4 percent - May 01, 2012