Maruti Suzuki produces 200 cars at ManesarSeptember 6th, 2011 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Automobile major Maruti Suzuki Tuesday said it produced 225 cars at its Manesar plant in Haryana despite labour troubles.
A company statement said it deployed 20 additional trained manpower at the facility Tuesday. On Monday, too, the company produced 200 cars.
“This takes the current strength of people available for production to over 870. This includes in addition to freshly brought in trained workers, over 90 engineers and 290 supervisors,” the statement said.
Production at the plant halted Monday after the company suspended and dismissed 21 employees on charges of sabotaging the production and deliberately causing quality problems in vehicles.
At an industry event here, Maruti Suzuki chairman R.C. Bhargava told IANS that the situation at the company’s Manesar plant would be resolved soon.
Bhargav said that the production has been hit at a time when the bookings for the company’s new Swift car had reached around 90,000 units.
“I feel bad that we cannot produce more cars to meet the demand,” Bhargav said.
The Manesar facility produces Maruti’s bestseller hatchbacks and sedans like the Swift, Swift Dzire, A-Star and SX4.
The majority of the automobile giant’s production takes place at its remaining three plants in Gurgaon district.
- Maruti Suzuki produces 200 cars at Manesar Monday - Sep 05, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki produces 150 cars at Manesar Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Haryana bans Maruti workers' strike - Jun 10, 2011
- Brief tools-down at Maruti's plant, no production loss - Jul 28, 2011
- Fifth day of strike at Maruti's Manesar plant - Jun 08, 2011
- Strike at Maruti's Manesar plant enters sixth day - Jun 09, 2011
- Strike continues for fourth day at Maruti's Manesar plant - Jun 07, 2011
- Maruti's sales drop by 8.8 percent in June - Jul 01, 2011
- Maruti workers' strike continues, talks fail (Lead, correcting figure in paras four, six) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maruti workers' strike continues, talks fail - Jun 11, 2011
- Strike continues at Maruti's Manesar plant - Jun 06, 2011
- Maruti strike spreads to other automobile plants (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Maruti strike continues, AITUC warns it could spread (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Maruti strike to continue, other auto unions pledge support (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Talks fail, Maruti strike enters 10th day - Jun 13, 2011