Maruti Suzuki plans to export 1.3 lakh units this fiscalMay 19th, 2009 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 19 (IANS) India’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki, with a turnover of almost Rs.20,500 crore, is hoping to nearly double its exports this fiscal, said a company official here Tuesday.
“Our export target for the current year is 130,000 units that will include A-Star, Maruti 800, Estilo, and Swift models,” marketing and sales executive officer Mayank Pareek told reporters at the launch of the company’s hatchback model Ritz.
Pareek said 70,000 A-Star models will be shipped to Germany, Italy, France, Holland and other European countries to be sold as Suzuki Alto.
The company will also sell 30,000 units of the same model to Nissan Motor Co to be marketed in Europe as Nissan Pixo.
The balance 30,000 units will be non A-Star models - Maruti 800, Estilo and Swift - to be sold in non-European markets such as Algeria, Chile, Sri Lanka and Egypt.
In 2007-08, Maruti Suzuki exported 50,000 units, which went up to 70,000 units last fiscal.
According to G.P. Chadha, south zone regional manager, the company’s share in the A2 segment - which sold 8.8 lakh units last year - is around 5.12 lakh units.
Maruti Suzuki’s A2 models comprise Zen, Alto, Swift, and now, Ritz.
- Maruti plans to double exports, expand rural presence (Lead) - May 19, 2009
- Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales drop for the sixth month running - Dec 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales down 40 percent in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales dropped 7 percent in December - Jan 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's January sales up 5.2 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales grow 14.74 percent at 109,743 units - Feb 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki sales down on labour unrest - Sep 01, 2011
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki April sales nudge up 4.4 percent - May 02, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's March sales up 3.3 percent - Apr 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's April sales up 3.4 percent - May 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: car maker, chadha, chennai, crore, estilo, european countries, european markets, export target, italy france, lakh units, launch, maruti suzuki, nissan motor, nissan motor co, pixo, regional manager, ritz, south zone, star models, suzuki alto