Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growthAugust 1st, 2012 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 1 (IANS) Automobile major Maruti Suzuki India Ltd closed July with 9.2 percent sales growth as compared to sales logged during July 2011.
In a statement issued Wednesday the company said it had sold 82,234 units (domestic 71,024 units, exports 11,210 units) last month up from 75,300 units (domestic 66,504 units, exports 8,796 units) sold during July 2011.
Maruti Suzuki logged 8.3 percent sales increase in its passenger car segment totaling 56,851 units last month as against 52,483 units sold during previous year July.
The company’s Dzire in the super compact segment and Swift, Estilo and Ritz in the compact segment logged good growth last month.
Maruti Suzuki sold 11,413 units of Dzire and 15,759 units of compact cars last month up from 3,021 units and 9,099 units respectively sold during July last year.
The overall sales was brought down by the company’s mid size SX4, executive segment Kizashi and small car portfolio comprising of M800, Alto, A-Star and Wagon-R models.
Maruti Suzuki’s utility vehicle portfolio comprising of Gypsy, Ertiga and Grand Vitara sold 7,294 units up from 642 units sold in July 2011.
On the other hand the van’s segment (Omni and Eeco) logged 48.6 percent sales fall last month to 6,879 units as compared to July 2011 sales numbers.
Till July this fiscal, Maruti Suzuki has sold 378,130 units (domestic 334,288 units, exports 43,842 units) as against 356,826 units (domestic 317,187 units, exports 39,639 units) sold during April-July 2011.
- Maruti Suzuki sales down 40 percent in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's January sales up 5.2 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales dropped 7 percent in December - Jan 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Slowdown, inflationary pressures affect automobile sales in August (Roundup) - Sep 01, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's April sales up 3.4 percent - May 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales drop for the sixth month running - Dec 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's February sales up 15.5 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Auto companies report healthy sales number for February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- India's car makers begin 2011 with impressive sales growth - Feb 01, 2011
- July auto sales slump as interest rates, fuel prices rise (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: automobile, car segment, compact cars, eeco, estilo, grand vitara, gypsy, india ltd, logs, m800, maruti suzuki india, mid size, omni, passenger car, previous year, ritz, sales numbers, small car, suzuki, swift