Maruti Suzuki expects car sales to rise 10 percent 2012-13April 5th, 2012 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 5 (IANS) Market leader Maruti Suzuki Thursday said it is expecting 10 percent growth in sales of passenger cars this fiscal on the back of a higher offtake of diesel versions.
“We expect 10 percent growth in 2012-13. For the industry we expect it to be grow around four-to-five percent,” R.C. Bhargava, chairman, Maruti Suzuki, told reporters on the sidelines of the Hero Mindmine Summit here.
“We are expecting 1.5 lakh more diesel car sales, while the sales of petrol cars will be down by 50,000 units in the entire year.”
On April 2, the company reported a fall in its total sales, including exports, for fiscal 2011-12 by 10.8 percent at 1,133,695 units from 1,271,005 units in the last fiscal due to labour unrest, slower demand due to high cost of credit and sluggish petrol car market condition.
Bhargava said the company expected exports to remain sluggish in 2012-13 due to global market conditions.
“It (exports) will remain more or less the same as last year or may be even worse. Situation in many global markets has not improved yet.”
The company’s exports in the last fiscal fell 7.9 percent at 127,379 units from 138,266 units shipped out in 2010-11.
Bhargava said the company’s new plant in Sanand, Gujarat, will be operational by 2015.
“Sanand plant will be operational by 2015. But we will not shift entire production capacity from Gurgaon to Sanand.”
- Maruti Suzuki's March sales up 3.3 percent - Apr 02, 2012
- Excise duty hike pushes auto sales up in March (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2012
- Maruti strike to continue, other auto unions pledge support (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Auto industry welcomes rate cut - Apr 17, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's January sales up 5.2 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti to focus on diesel cars (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Maruti strike continues, AITUC warns it could spread (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Maruti strike spreads to other automobile plants (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Maruti workers' strike into day 12 - Jun 15, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's Q4 net profit down three percent (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Sales slowdown for auto companies in May (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga, enters MUV market - Apr 12, 2012
- Operations resume at Maruti Suzuki's Manesar plant - Aug 30, 2011
- Day 13 of Maruti workers strike - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: bhargava, car market, car sales, diesel car, diesel versions, global market conditions, global markets, gujarat, gurgaon, hero mindmine, labour unrest, market leader, maruti suzuki, New Delhi, offtake, passenger cars, petrol car, petrol cars, sidelines, suzuki