Maruti sells nearly 85,000 vehicles in Aug.2009September 1st, 2009 - 2:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep.1 (ANI): Maruti Suzuki India Limited, India’s car market leader, sold a total of 84,808 vehicles in August 2009, growing 41.6 percent in the month. This includes exports of 14,847 units, the highest ever monthly export in the company’s history.
A company release said it had sold a total of 59,908 vehicles in August 2008.
Maruti Suzuki’s volume in the domestic A2 segment grew by 39.3 per cent. In the A3 segment the sales volume grew by 44.1 cent during the month as compared to sales in August 2008.
During the month the company crossed the milestone of 50,000 cumulative exports in this fiscal. A star is Maruti Suzuki’s flagship export model. A star, which was introduced internationally in January 2009, has been leading the export numbers since introduction. The major markets for this model in Europe include Germany, UK, France and Netherlands.
In the last week of August 2009, the company introduced the Estilo with a bolder new look and the latest, 1-litre, BS-IV compliant, K-series engine. (ANI)
- Maruti reports 41.6 percent jump in August sales - Sep 01, 2009
- Maruti records its highest ever monthly sales - Sep 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Indian auto makers post good sales growth in August (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki sales down 40 percent in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales down on labour unrest - Sep 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki sales drop for the sixth month running - Dec 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's July sales up 29.18 percent - Aug 02, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki sales dropped 7 percent in December - Jan 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki April sales nudge up 4.4 percent - May 02, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki sales grow 14.74 percent at 109,743 units - Feb 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's January sales up 5.2 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Auto companies report healthy sales number for February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: 1 litre, a2, a3, car market, compliant, estilo, europe, export model, flagship, india limited, k series, market leader, maruti suzuki india, milestone, netherlands, New Delhi, sales volume, segment, suzuki, uk france