Maruti sales jump 15 percent in AprilMay 1st, 2009 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) The country’s largest passenger car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki India Ltd Friday reported 15 percent growth in its sales, at 71,748 units sold in April as compared to 62,336 units in the corresponding period previous year.
“This is the fourth consecutive month of sales crossing the 70,000 units mark,” a company statement said.
The figures include 6,891 units exported.
Maruti Suzuki’s volume in the domestic A2 segment (Alto, Wagon-R, Zen, Swift, A-Star) grew by nine percent while in the A3 segment comprising of SX4 and D’Zire, the sales volume grew by 69 percent during the month as compared to sales in April 2008.
However, sales for Maruti’s 800 model dipped 47 percent to 2,345 units sold in April this year as against 4,458.
The eye-catcher has been the multi-utility vehicle (MUV) sales of the company - Gypsy and Grand Vitara - recording a whopping 1,231 percent growth. About 905 units of MUV were sold this April as compared to 68 in April last year.
Total domestic sales surged nine percent with 64,857 units of sale as against 59,539 units in the same period a year before.
- Maruti sales leap 15.1 percent following surge in exports (Lead) - May 01, 2009
- Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales down 40 percent in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki April sales soar 30 percent - May 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki October sales up 39.2 percent - Nov 01, 2010
- Maruti sales up 32 percent in October - Nov 02, 2009
- Maruti's sales drop by 8.8 percent in June - Jul 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's April sales up 3.4 percent - May 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's July sales up 29.18 percent - Aug 02, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga, enters MUV market - Apr 12, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's March sales up 3.3 percent - Apr 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki April sales nudge up 4.4 percent - May 02, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki quarterly net profit declines 59.81 percent - Oct 29, 2011