Maruti plans Rs.80 crore logistic hub in BengalJanuary 13th, 2012 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 13 (IANS) Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL), the country’s largest car maker, plans to invest about Rs.80 crore to set up a logistic hub at Siliguri in West Bengal’s Darjeeling district.
The auto major has asked for 35 acres of land for the hub to be set up in an upcoming industrial park at Siliguri.
Senior officials from Maruti Suzuki held talks with Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee here Friday, the penultimate day of the ongoing “Bengal Leads 2012″, a business summit organised by the state government.
The officials said the company has planned to invest about Rs.65-80 crore in the proposed logistic hub.
About 300 people would be employed at the hub when it would be operational, they said.
The government is understood to have asked the car maker to submit a formal proposal for the project.
The industrial park at Siliguri is a joint-venture between West Bengal Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (WBIIDC), the Kanchenjunga Integrated Infrastructure Development Private Limited and the Shristi Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee formally inaugurated the six-day-long business summit Jan 9.
- Shristi Infra to launch integrated park in Siliguri - Jul 16, 2010
- Shristi plans integrated logistic hub in Bengal - Jun 15, 2012
- Shristi Infra to invest Rs.2,000 crore in three states - May 12, 2010
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Bengal woos industry amid mismanagement taint (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Suzuki Powertrain to merge with Maruti Suzuki - Jun 12, 2012
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- Mamata government receives Rs.80,000 crore investment proposals - Mar 15, 2012
- Maruti likely to get land in Gujarat's Mehsana in June - Apr 13, 2012
- Consider Bengal your 'dreamland', Mamata woos industrialists (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Maruti to focus on diesel cars (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Sacked Maruti workers mull strategy with trade unions - Aug 31, 2012
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Not shying from investing in Haryana plants: Maruti Suzuki - Nov 03, 2011
Tags: business summit, car maker, chief minister, darjeeling district, formal proposal, hub, india ltd, industrial infrastructure, industry minister, infrastructure development, joint venture, kolkata, maruti plans, maruti suzuki india, rs 65, senior officials, siliguri, state government, suzuki, west bengal