Maruti management thanks locals for supportAugust 16th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 16 (IANS) After announcing resumption of production at its Manesar plant, the Maruti Suzuki management Thursday met local village heads and thanked them for their support, a company official said.
The management praised the locals for their support and said that the company too would cooperate with them in future.
A couple of weeks ago, the locals had backed the Maruti Suzuki management through a ‘Mahapanchayat’.
Senior officials from Suzuki Powertrain India Limited (SPIL) and Maruti’s Manesar plant including Ratan Aggarwal, Vijay Khazanchi, L.K. Jain, Capt. Naresh Kumar, Ashok Kumar, Salil Lal and Ranjeet Singh were among those present at the meeting in Manesar.
Sarpanches (village heads) and other dignitaries from 20 villages attended the meeting.
Maruti’s top official Thursday announced that production at its Manesar plant would start Aug 21.
The plant, which has two production lines assembling some 1,200 cars a day, was shut following the July 18 violence that claimed the life of Maruti’s senior executive Awanish Kumar Dev and left over 100 others injured. Maruti declared a lockout in the plant July 21.
A special investigation team of Haryana Police is probing the July 18 violence at the plant. Till now, it has arrested 154 workers, including 12 office-bearers of the workers’ union.
- Maruti to decide on restarting Manesar plant - Aug 12, 2012
- Mahapanchayat demands CBI probe into Maruti violence - Jul 23, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki to resume operations at Manesar soon - Aug 14, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Trade unions to march in support of Maruti workers - Aug 16, 2012
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
- Maruti employees offer prayers at Manesar plant - Aug 19, 2012
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- Maruti deadlock continues as talks fail - Oct 17, 2011
- Maruti management holds candlelight march - Aug 05, 2012
- Maruti crisis: Local village headmen see conspiracy - Jul 20, 2012
- Talks to start Monday to resolve Maruti strike - Oct 15, 2011
- 'Lockout to continue in Maruti's Manesar plant' - Jul 30, 2012
- Maruti's Manesar plant incident was a criminal act: Suzuki - Aug 23, 2012
- Hooda optimistic of breakthrough in Maruti impasse - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: aggarwal, ashok kumar, capt, dignitaries, india limited, investigation team, jain, lal, local village, locals, lockout, maruti suzuki, naresh kumar, powertrain, ranjeet singh, resumption, salil, senior officials, spil, workers union