Maruti launches new car, seeks to increase exportsNovember 19th, 2008 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 19 (IANS) Auto major Maruti Suzuki Tuesday launched a new model targeted at the mid-priced segment, and said it hoped to export it to over 150 countries.Priced in the Rs.347,000-Rs.412,000 range, the car - called A-star - will be made in over 200 variants and is touted to give a mileage of 19.59 km per litre of petrol. A-star is Maruti Suzuki’s eighth vehicle launched in a little over three years.
“A-star will be exported mainly to European markets and we expect it to account for a major part of our total exports,” company chairman R.C. Bhargava said at the vehicle’s launch.
The company exported around 50,000 cars last year and expects to export more this year.
Incidentally, A-star has been designed keeping the European market in mind, and will be rolled out of the company’s facility at Manesar near Delhi.
- Maruti Suzuki produces 200 cars at Manesar - Sep 06, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki exports one millionth vehicle - Apr 30, 2012
- Haryana bans Maruti workers' strike - Jun 10, 2011
- Maruti strike to continue, other auto unions pledge support (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Strike continues for fourth day at Maruti's Manesar plant - Jun 07, 2011
- Strike continues at Maruti's Manesar plant - Jun 06, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki sales down on labour unrest - Sep 01, 2011
- Maruti strike spreads to other automobile plants (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Maruti strike continues, AITUC warns it could spread (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki July sales drop 25.3 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Maruti workers' strike continues, talks fail (Lead, correcting figure in paras four, six) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maruti workers' strike continues, talks fail - Jun 11, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Fifth day of strike at Maruti's Manesar plant - Jun 08, 2011
- Strike at Maruti's Manesar plant enters sixth day - Jun 09, 2011