Maruti inaugurates new engine plantOctober 21st, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) In the run up to the launch of Maruti’s upcoming compact ‘A-Star’, the company Tuesday inaugurated a new plant in Gurgaon, Haryana for its KB-series of petrol engines. The new engines will be installed in A-Star, which was unveiled in the Paris motor show last year.
The plant, spread over an area of 20,300 square meters, will have an installed capacity of 240,000 units. The plant is part of the $1.8-billion investment plan, drawn by Maruti Suzuki and Suzuki Motor Corp earlier this year.
Japan’s Suzuki Motor Corp holds 54.2 percent stake in Maruti Suzuki.
“The new engine series is also an important step towards attaining the target sales of a million units in the domestic market by 2010-11,” Maruti Suzuki managing director Shinzo Nakanishi said.
After A-Star, the engine with a displacement of 998cc would be introduced to other models over a period of three-five years.
The A-Star compact, which will replace Suzuki’ Alto in European markets, is expected to be launched by the end of this month.
- Maruti launches new varient of Alto - Aug 04, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki launches new variant of super seller 'Alto' - Aug 05, 2010
- Maruti to focus on diesel cars (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki unveils multi-purpose vehicle Ertiga - Jan 06, 2012
- Haryana allots 700 acres for Maruti's new plant - Aug 21, 2009
- Maruti Suzuki exports one millionth vehicle - Apr 30, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- Haryana allots 700 acres for Maruti's new plan (Lead) - Aug 21, 2009
- Maruti Suzuki unviels compact SUV - Jan 05, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches new Estilo sans Zen prefix (Lead) - Aug 25, 2009
- Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZire - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki crosses 10 million sales mark - Feb 09, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches new Estilo sans popular Zen prefix - Aug 25, 2009
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012