Maruti deadlock continues as talks failOctober 17th, 2011 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IANS) Talks between the workers and management of automobile giant Maruti Suzuki failed to make any headway Monday, with the strike at the company’s Manesar plant continuing for the 11th day.
“We will resume talks tomorrow (Tuesday),” a senior Maruti Suzuki official told IANS.
However, the company has commenced production at its Manesar and Gurgaon plants.
The official said that the company produced around 1,700 units in Gurgaon, while the weld shop was operated at the Manesar facility.
The company on an average produces 2,800 units in the Gurgaon plant and 1,200 units in the Manesar facility per day.
“In Manesar, those workers who did not join the strike have been employed for production,” he said.
Some production was also started at Suzuki Powertrain India Limited (SPIL), the company which supplies diesel engines and transmissions to the automobile giant.
The production at Maruti Suzuki’s Gurgaon plant was stopped for two days till Monday due to lack of components following labour unrest at SPIL.
Workers at SPIL had halted production to express solidarity with the striking workers at the Manesar plant.
Meanwhile, the workers at Manesar continued their strike for the 11th day and said that they would soon hold a rally in the area.
“We will hold a rally, after which we will submit a memorandum to the district magistrate,” Sonu Gujjar, one of the leaders of the agitating workers, told IANS.
Workers at the Manesar plant went on strike Oct 7 to demand the reinstatement of 44 suspended co-workers who were not taken back after an earlier 33-day impasse with the management ended Oct 1.
- 12th day of strike at Maruti's Manesar plant (Lead) - Oct 18, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for 13th day - Oct 19, 2011
- Hooda optimistic of breakthrough in Maruti impasse - Oct 20, 2011
- Talks to start Monday to resolve Maruti strike - Oct 15, 2011
- Maruti production halted, workers leave Manesar plant - Oct 14, 2011
- Maruti suspends production at Gurgaon plant - Oct 13, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for fifth day, production hit - Oct 11, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki strike off as most suspended staff re-instated - Oct 21, 2011
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- Workers have seized Manesar plant: Maruti - Oct 11, 2011
- Rebel Maruti union leaders resign, get hefty dues - Nov 05, 2011
- Operations resume at Maruti Suzuki's Manesar plant - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: co workers, deadlock, diesel engines, district magistrate, gujjar, gurgaon, headway, impasse, labour unrest, manesar facility, maruti suzuki, memorandum, New Delhi, oct 7, powertrain, reinstatement, solidarity, striking workers, transmissions, weld shop