Martha Stewart : refused entry to BritainJune 23rd, 2008 - 1:04 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Martha Stewart visa to the UK had been denied because of her insider-trading conviction four years ago.
According to the Daily Telegraph, which first reported the rebuff, Stewart was due to touch down across the pond this weekend, and was booked to speak at the Royal Academy as well as meet with several fashion and leader industry heavyweights.
“It is a bit silly given some of the other people allowed into the country,” an official told the paper.
Stewart was found guilty of conspiracy, making false statements and obstruction of agency proceedings on Dec. 27, 2001, as a result of her everything-must-go sale of ImClone stock. She was sentenced to five months in prison and five months of house arrest.
- Rajat Gupta convicted on insider trading charges (Second lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Rajat Gupta convicted on four counts by US jury (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Indian-American doctor convicted of health care fraud - Mar 15, 2012
- Actress sent to jail for Green Card marriage - Apr 27, 2011
- Anna Nicole Smith's Indian-origin doc cleared of all charges - Oct 29, 2010
- Pakistani man convicted by U.S. federal jury of conspiring to fund Taliban - May 28, 2010
- Martha Stewart Hospitalized After Her Canine Wallops Martha On Her Face - Jan 14, 2011
- Punjab minister gets five years jail for daughter's death - Mar 30, 2012
- Former MLB All-Star pitcher Clemens pleads not guilty to perjury charges - Aug 31, 2010
- Punjab minister gets jail term for daughter's death (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Walnut Creek, CA woman sentenced for forced labor of domestic servant - Apr 16, 2010
- Punjab agriculture minister gets one year jail - May 05, 2012
- Martha Stewart's secret to slaughtering fowl - get them drunk first - Nov 12, 2010
- Helen Mirren based new film character on Martha Stewart - Oct 07, 2010
- Indian American charged in US insider trading - Feb 09, 2011