Markets surge into green at opening bellMarch 18th, 2009 - 11:49 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 18 (IANS) Indian equities markets surged at the opening bell Wednesday, with a key index ruling 1.8 percent higher than its last losing figure.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) opened at 8,956.3 points, higher than its 8,863.82 point close Tuesday. About 15 minutes into trade, it was above the psychologically important 9,000 mark, at 9,022.98 points, 1.8 percent or 159.16 points higher than its previous close.
Similarly, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,800.2 points, 1.55 percent up from its last close of 2,757.45.
The BSE midcap index was ruling 1.91 percent higher than its previous close, while the BSE smallcap index was also up 1.59 percent.
- Sensex closes flat amid dull global cues - Jan 09, 2012
- Sensex jumps 443 points on US stimulus, diesel price hike (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Market snaps two-day rally, ends 75 points down (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2011
- Sensex slips after touching 18,000 points - Mar 14, 2012
- Indian markets dip on profit booking (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Late selling pulls Sensex 267 points down Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Sensex tumbles to two-year low, despite rate hike pause (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Sensex closes flat ahead of inflation data (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex rallies 226 points on European cues (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex eases 75 points up, realty, energy scrips rise (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2011
- Sensex languishing in dull trade, broader markets nudge up (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- Indian equities markets range bound, Sensex flat - Jun 07, 2011
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
- Sensex gains for third straight week, up 584 points (Weekly market review) - Jan 21, 2012
- Sensex holding up in noon trade - Feb 02, 2011