Marketing campaign for ‘The White Tiger’ wins Asian prizeJuly 17th, 2009 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) The marketing campaign for the Man Booker winning novel, “The White Tiger” by Aravind Adiga, has bagged the ‘Excellence Award (best book)’ of the Asian Multimedia Publishing Award 2009.
The campaign was adjudged the best for using multimedia marketing by a publisher in the most effective way.
Noted journalist Nalin Mehta’s book, “India on Television” has won the award for the best book/best writer on Asian media, a statement issued by HarperCollins-India said Friday.
Both the books have been published by HarperCollins-India.
“It is wonderful to have won awards in both the categories that we were nominated for. Nalin’s book has been very well received by the Indian market and with this, we are hoping that it will reach a wider audience and become the primary reference for anyone wanting to know more about Indian media,” P.M. Sukumar, CEO, HarperCollins India, said.
Mehta’s book traces the evolution of satellite television in India and how it effected major changes in political culture. The publisher had mounted a multi-pronged media blitz with out-of-the box campaigns to promote “The White Tiger.”
- Asian recognition for marketing of book - Jul 14, 2009
- Harper Collins India wins Asia Publishing Award - Jul 08, 2011
- Will new thriller make Indian publishing history? - Apr 17, 2010
- Mukul Deva's novel inspires new action thriller - Jun 29, 2011
- Kishwar Desai's 'Witness by Night' wins UK award - Jan 05, 2011
- Aravind Adiga's second novel to be out in 2011 - Oct 29, 2009
- In fine print: Adventure, Mumbai, faith and drama (IANS Books This Week) - Jun 09, 2011
- Thant Myint-U, Amish Tripathi rule book charts (IANS Books) - Sep 29, 2011
- Arun Shourie, Amitav Ghosh rule bestselling chart (IANS Books) - Aug 11, 2011
- Indian American Siddhartha Mukherjee bags Pulitzer - Apr 19, 2011
- Copyright amendment could derail Indian publishing: Industry - Jan 19, 2011
- Pakistani writer Naqvi to tour India - Jun 30, 2011
- Jeffrey Archer, Siddhartha Mukherjee bestsellers again (IANS Books) - Jun 02, 2011
- 'We knew our son would do something India,' says Pulitzer Prize winner's family - Apr 20, 2011
- US science fiction writer Ray Bradbury dies - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,