Mark Hurd’s Accuser Speaks Out Through LawyerAugust 8th, 2010 - 7:25 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Palo Alto, Aug 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The news of the unexpected resignation of Mark Hurd the former CEO of Palo Alto based HP, has sent shock waves both in Wall Street and Silicon Valley. The workaholic ex CEO of the company who is credited with turning the fortunes of the technology giant from a period of turbulence stepped down after changes of sexual harassment were filed against him. While the technology giant is busy searching for a suitable replacement the lawyer of the accusing contractor whose identity has not been revealed by HP has spoken on the case. The lawyer of the accusing woman is Gloria Allred, who has a track record of handling number of high profile celebrity cases in her career. She works with Allred, Maroko & Goldberg. The lawyers has said that he client did not engage with the ex CEO in a sexual manner or had affair with him.
It needs to be noted even the management of HP did not say the ex CEO violated sexual harassment policy of the company. The board found his hiding about the woman against ethical code of conduct. The case has received media focus since the lawyer previously dealt with cases involving Charlie Sheen, Scott Peterson and O.J. Simpson.
It has also been reported that after submitting his resignation the ex CEO of HP reached a settlement with the accusing woman. The lawyer secured hefty payout from Tiger Woods, the disgraced golfer for Rachel Uchitel, a nightclub hostess. The ex CEO of HP is however not leaving without a fat pay bouquet. HP has given him a huge severance deal.
- HP files suit to block ex-CEO Hurd from taking president's job at Oracle - Sep 08, 2010
- 'Racy' movie star settles sex harassment case with ousted HP chief - Aug 09, 2010
- HP's Interim CEO Trying To Counter The Effect Of Mark Hurd's Resignation - Aug 07, 2010
- Jodie Fisher Denies Of Having "Intimate" Relationship With Mark Hurd - Aug 10, 2010
- HP Vulnerable After Unceremonious Exit Of Mark Hurd, Says Industry Insiders - Aug 08, 2010
- HP's Search For New CEO Starts, Speculations Run Riot - Aug 07, 2010
- Jodie Fisher is sad that Mark Hurd lost his job due to her disclosures - Aug 09, 2010
- HP Needs A CEO Who Has More Than Cost Saving Skills Now To Replace Mark Hurd - Aug 08, 2010
- Former HP CEO Mark Hurd Reaches Legal Settlement With Contractor - Aug 08, 2010
- Jodie Fisher Is "Surprised And Saddened" By Mark Hurd's Dismissal - Aug 09, 2010
- HP CEO Mark Hurd resigns over sexual harassment charges - Aug 07, 2010
- HP chief resigns over sexual harassment investigation - Aug 07, 2010
- Oracle CEO Larry Ellison Disapproves Of Mark Hurd's Exit - Aug 10, 2010
- Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Mark Hurd Resigns As CEO - Aug 07, 2010
- Mark Hurd Joins Oracle, HP Sues Him - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: ceo of hp, charlie sheen, ethical code, gloria allred, mark hurd, maroko, media focus, o j simpson, rachel uchitel, ranjan, scott peterson, severance, sexual harassment policy, sexual manner, shock waves, silicon valley, suitable replacement, technology giant, tiger woods, unexpected resignation