Manmohan Singh reaches Seoul for G20 SummitNovember 10th, 2010 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, Nov 10 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here Wednesday on a three-day visit to attend the G20 Summit, the top forum on the global financial system that seeks to address the current economic crisis and the way forward.
The Indian delegation includes Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, who will be the sherpa, or the key pointsperson at the summit, National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon and Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla.
The prime minister will meet his host, South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, as well as other leaders in bilateral engagements.
During the three-day visit, the prime minister is not only expected to articulate India’s stand on how to achieve global financial stability - the basic foundation of the grouping of the top rich and emerging economies - but also meet a host of leaders on the margins.
The G20, originally formed at the level of finance ministers and central bank governors in 1999 after the East Asian economic crisis, assumed significance after it was elevated to a summit-level forum in 2008 after the ongoing global financial crisis.
Besides India, South Korea, Brazil, the US and Canada, the G20 comprises Argentina, Australia, China, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, Britain, and the European Union.
- Manmohan Singh reaches Seoul for G20 Summit (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Manmohan Singh leaves for Seoul G20 Summit with new vision (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Manmohan to meet leaders from Canada, Brazil at Seoul G20 - Nov 09, 2010
- Manmohan Singh leaves for G20 Summit in Seoul (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Indian PM opposes protectionism, for rule-based economy (Third Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Packed schedule awaits Manmohan Singh at G20 - Nov 10, 2010
- Manmohan Singh heads for Cannes Wednesday for G20 Summit - Nov 01, 2011
- Manmohan Singh leaves for G20 Summit in Seoul - Nov 10, 2010
- India can help in Eurozone crisis: Montek - Nov 03, 2011
- Maintain highest levels of nuclear security and safety: PM - Mar 23, 2012
- Manmohan Singh heads for G20 Summit in Cannes Wednesday - Oct 29, 2011
- G20 nations must help fix infrastructure gaps: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- Manmohan Singh leaves Wednesday for G20 Summit in Seoul - Nov 07, 2010
- G20 nations should help bridge infrastructure gap: Manmohan Singh - Nov 12, 2010
- Manmohan heads for Seoul with new package for G20 - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: asian economic crisis, australia china, britain and the european union, central bank governors, finance secretary, g20 summit, germany indonesia, global financial crisis, global financial stability, global financial system, india south, indian delegation, level forum, manmohan singh, montek singh ahluwalia, national security advisor, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, south korean president, summit level