Manmohan Singh leaves for G20 Summit in Seoul (Lead)November 10th, 2010 - 11:17 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 10 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday left for Seoul to attend the 5th G20 Summit where he will meet his host, South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, apart from other leaders.
During the three-day visit, the prime minister is not only expected to articulate India’s stand on how to achieve global financial stability - the basic foundation of the grouping of the top rich and emerging economies, but also meet a host of leaders on the margins.
The G20, originally formed at the level of finance ministers and central bank governors in 1999 after the East Asian economic crisis, assumed significance after it was elevated to a summit-level forum in 2008 after the ongoing global financial crisis.
Besides India, South Korea, Brazil, US and Canada, the G20 comprises Argentina, Australia, China, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, Britain, and the European Union.
- Manmohan Singh reaches Seoul for G20 Summit - Nov 10, 2010
- Manmohan Singh reaches Seoul for G20 Summit (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Manmohan Singh leaves for Seoul G20 Summit with new vision (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Manmohan to meet leaders from Canada, Brazil at Seoul G20 - Nov 09, 2010
- Manmohan Singh leaves for G20 Summit in Seoul - Nov 10, 2010
- G20 nations must help fix infrastructure gaps: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- Manmohan Singh leaves Wednesday for G20 Summit in Seoul - Nov 07, 2010
- Manmohan Singh heads for Cannes Wednesday for G20 Summit - Nov 01, 2011
- G20 nations should help bridge infrastructure gap: Manmohan Singh - Nov 12, 2010
- Indian PM opposes protectionism, for rule-based economy (Third Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- India can help in Eurozone crisis: Montek - Nov 03, 2011
- Manmohan leaves for Seoul Wednesday, will meet Obama again (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- Manmohan heads for Seoul with new package for G20 - Nov 09, 2010
- Manmohan Singh heads for G20 Summit in Cannes Wednesday - Oct 29, 2011
- Manmohan leaves Seoul after attending G20 summit (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: asian economic crisis, australia china, basic foundation, britain and the european union, central bank governors, emerging economies, finance ministers, g20 summit, germany indonesia, global financial crisis, global financial stability, india south, level forum, manmohan, manmohan singh, president lee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, south korean president, summit level