Manmohan Singh dedicates 350-MW Dul Hasti power projectApril 26th, 2008 - 4:50 pm ICT by admin
Dulhasti (J-K), Apr 26 (ANI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today dedicated the 390 MW Dul-Hasti hydro electric power project to the nation.
The project, the foundation stone of which was laid down in 1983 by then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, is on the Chenab river in Kishtwar District, about 230 km from Jammu.
On the second leg of the Prime Ministers two-day visit to the Jammu region, Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad accompanied him for the formal inauguration of the Dul-Hasti project.
Using a state-of-the-art technology, water of the Chenab River is collected between the mountains at Dul village and channelised down to village Hasti via a 2.5 km tunnel where it falls on the turbines and electricity is generated.
The work on Dul-Hasti Power Project was sanctioned at the initial cost of Rs 183 crore. Rs 5,228 crore have been spent on this mega project till now.
The project provides peaking power to the Northern Grid with beneficiary states being Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarkhand, Rajasthan, Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh.
On the total power generation, one per cent free power is for local area development in addition to twelve per cent free power to the host state.
The Prime minister will also address a public meeting at Kishtwar, the newly-carved out backward district of Doda region, the native place of Chief Minister Gulam Nabi Azad. (ANI)
- PDP assures action plan for growth of Chenab Valley - Sep 06, 2012
- Omar visits snow-hit Jammu region - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Hydel agreements in Kashmir need renegotiation' - May 23, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir has huge power deficit - Feb 25, 2011
- Kashmir focuses on smaller hydroelectric projects - Oct 19, 2011
- Mufti seeks boost for Kashmir economy - Dec 26, 2011
- Kashmir's economic growth depends on power: Omar - Sep 04, 2012
- Kashmir's historic town soon to be history! - Jul 10, 2011
- Omar for financially self-reliant Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 24, 2012
- Kashmir reviews terms of NHPC-run power projects - Jan 03, 2012
- Kashmir power projects to be allotted through tenders - Mar 06, 2010
- CCEA revises budget for J and Ks Dulhasti hydro project - Jul 31, 2008
- Kashmir minister lambasts NHPC for 'resource drainage' - Jun 06, 2011
- High court permits usage of water cess levied on NHPC - Mar 31, 2012
- Pakistan team to assess Jammu lake project - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: chenab river, chief minister, crore, formal inauguration, foundation stone, ghulam nabi azad, host state, hydro electric power, indira gandhi, jammu and kashmir, jammu region, manmohan, manmohan singh, mega project, northern grid, prime minister indira, prime minister manmohan singh, region chief, state of the art technology, union territory of chandigarh