Manish Arora’s ‘Circus’ to be showcased at WIFW finaleSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 23 (IANS) Futuristic and flamboyant designer Manish Arora will showcase his Circus collection, complete with clown pants, voluminous jackets and ruffled skirts, during the grand finale of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here Oct 19.The Manish Arora Circus will interpret the drama of a circus in his own signature style.
“The (fashion week) grand finale has always set new benchmarks in creativity and this year, Arora will take the same tradition forward and create magic on the ramp in his signature style,” Wills Lifestyle’s divisional chief executive Atul Chand announced here Tuesday at a press conference.
Elaborating on his collection, Arora said: “I feel that Circus is a part of everybody’s life. The way we live our life these days is like a circus - entertaining and hilarious.”
“I do not know what prompted me to come up with the theme, but it will have all the elements of a circus like acrobats. It will also have my signature style,” he added.
“It is a common theme, not something out of the box. All my themes are closely associated with life,” he explained.
The colour palette will be loaded with pinks, blues, purple and greens - his signature colours.
The line will have short dresses, mini skirts, trousers, voluminous jackets, ruffled skirts and dresses as well as pieces largely inspired from circus costumes like clown pants, bra tops, multiple bows and jump suits.
The collection will explore innovative techniques of embroidery like hand-sewn appliqué, digitally printed sequin and traditional Indian gota embroidery.
Speaking on the occasion, WIFW organiser Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) president Sunil Sethi, said: “Arora is a perfect example of excellence in design and clothing construction. We are proud to have him present the grand finale this time. His show will be a completely colourful affair.”
The collection will later be retailed from Wills Lifestyle stores across the country.
“We believe in providing customers with the finest in fashion and our tieup with FDCI aims to make designer wear accessible and relevant to our costumers. Arora’s designs will be retailed from our stores across the country,” Chand said.
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- WIFW: Celebrating 60 years of Indo-Japan ties through fashion - Feb 18, 2012
- Manish Arora's 'Circus' signs off WIFW in magnificent style - Oct 20, 2008
- Tarun Tahiliani to present WIFW grand finale - Sep 29, 2010
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Felix Bendish to launch clutch line in WIFW - Oct 04, 2011
- Couture week: Manav Gangwani to showcase A Timeless Affaire (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- Neeru Kumar pays tribute to Indian fabrics at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- Turkish Empire recreated on ramp - Feb 20, 2012
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- Sunanda Pushkar spotted at WIFW - Apr 08, 2011
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: clown pants, colour palette, colourful affair, fashion design council of india, india fashion week, lifestyle stores, manish arora, ruffled skirts, sunil sethi, wills lifestyle india fashion week