Mango festival starts in HaryanaJuly 4th, 2009 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 4 (IANS) Lovers of the king of fruits thronged a Haryana town as the 18th edition of the mango festival started Saturday.
Around 2,835 entries of mangoes from all across northern India were displayed in the Mango Mela but the highlight of the event is the display of 285 rare varieties of the fruit.
There are also 191 entries of mango products like mango chutney, aam ka pana, aam papad and mango squash.
The two-day festival, jointly organised by the state’s horticulture and tourism departments, is held at Yadvindra Gardens, a prominent tourist destination in Pinjore town in Haryana, around 30 km from here.
Varieties of mangoes like Dusheri, Langda, Chausa, Amrapali, Mallika, Alphanso, Ratnagiri and Vanraj are on display during the festival.
Various delicacies were also offered to the visitors in the food court at the stalls put up by hotel management institutions.
Rebecca, a tourist from Hong Kong, said: “It is a wonderful experience of being here in the Mango Mela, especially in the food court.”
- Haryana to host 18th 'Mango Mela' from Saturday - Jul 03, 2009
- Mango festival in Haryana's Pinjore gardens - Jun 23, 2011
- Mango madness: Over 600 varieties at Delhi fest - Jul 08, 2012
- Mango Festival at Delhi airport - Jun 02, 2010
- Pinjore heritage festival begins Dec 2 - Nov 20, 2011
- Mango Festival begins in Delhi - Jul 02, 2011
- Of mangoes, chaat and chit-chat at minister's dawat - Jul 14, 2012
- Mango festival inaugurated in Delhi - Jul 02, 2010
- Over 400 varieties of mangoes displayed in Delhi - Jul 04, 2010
- Royal treat for mango lovers at Delhi fest - Jul 02, 2011
- Mango farmers rejoice over bumper crop in Uttarakhand - Apr 16, 2011
- Mango madness: Bhopal fetes king of fruit - Jun 30, 2011
- Proposed road endangers Uttar Pradesh mango belt - Sep 26, 2010
- Haryana's Bhima Devi temple 'best maintained monument' - Mar 02, 2010
- Culinary institute to come up at Haryana's Pinjore - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,