Mango dipped chocolate and a lot more at ‘Mango Mania’August 3rd, 2008 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 3 (IANS) Interested in mango-dipped chocolate, mango strawberry mousse or mango muffins? Well all these lips-smacking desserts and a lot more are being exhibited at the two-day European mango feast being held at a hotel here. Over 20 European mango desserts are on display at ‘Mango Mania’ being held at Hotel Beckons in Sector 42. It began Saturday and is jointly organised by Chandigarh Tourism, Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management (CIHM) and Chandigarh-based Nik Bakers.
“Mango being the king of all fruits is relished by people of all age groups. You can not find so many mango desserts all together in a single menu at any place. The desserts are from different countries like Germany, Belgium, Italy, France and Switzerland,” Nik bakers’ owner Nikhil Mittal, who organised the event, told IANS.
A team of ten from Nik bakers and some students from CIHM worked hard to complete the preparations of this two-day feast. It is open for the people from 11.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m.
Mittal said: “Our endeavour is to make people aware of the various kinds of mango desserts. The fruit is being reinvented through this feast.”
He said that he also plans to hold a festival of European breads and one based on chocolate theme in association with Chandigarh Tourism.
“Our students have got an immense exposure through this event. Such events help in grasping the market’s demand and open avenues for better interaction between industry and our students,” said S.K. Saluja, CIHM’s principal.
Mango Mania exhibited an assortment of delicacies that included mango custard cake, mango strawberry mousse, mango cheese cake, mango upside down cake, caramelized mango mousse and mango gelato.
That’s not all. Mango dipped chocolate, mango chocolate fountain, mango meringue pie, mango tropical salad, mango coconut tart, mango ferjella, mango kallafoutti, mango crème brulee, mango mediants, mango canache macaroons, mango muffins and mango breads were also exhibited.
- Like Mamata, mango mania hits town (Eating Out With IANS) - May 27, 2011
- Indian Christmas with desi fusion fare - Dec 23, 2011
- Mumbai's Taj Mahal Hotel prime attraction at Bangalore's cake exhibition - Dec 18, 2010
- This Christmas, Bangaloreans have Taj Mahal for a cake - Dec 20, 2009
- Mark Owen shows off cooking skills - Oct 28, 2011
- London hotel's 9-course, $1,480 per person meal has few takers - Dec 01, 2010
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Sumptuous spread at PM's luncheon for Zardari - Apr 08, 2012
- Sofia Vergara reveals secrets to happiness in Shape magazine - Feb 17, 2011
- Go for dark chocolate, red wine to keep your partner heart-healthy this Valentine's - Feb 11, 2011
- Not just plum, Christmas has more flavours this season (With Recipes) - Dec 22, 2010
- William's wedding to have chocolate biscuit cake - Mar 27, 2011
- Now chilli chocolates to help burn calories - Mar 07, 2011
- Christmas celebrated in Kolkata - Dec 25, 2011
- Will pricey cakes eat into Christmas festivities? - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: age groups, bakers, brulee, cheese cake, chocolate fountain, cihm, delicacies, desserts, dipped chocolate, endeavour, european breads, gelato, hotel management, italy france, meringue pie, mittal, muffins, open avenues, saluja, strawberry mousse