Manali-Leh road to open for light vehiclesMay 4th, 2008 - 2:16 pm ICT by admin
Manali, May 4 (IANS) The snow-covered 486 km long Manali-Leh road will open for light vehicles in the coming week, authorities said Sunday. This was stated Sunday by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO), a day after it threw open the 4892 metre high Baralacha pass in tribal Lahaul valley.
The 3954 metre high Rohtang pass, which receives the heaviest snowfall among all passes on this route, was opened to traffic less than a week ago.
This Himalayan road is popular with adventure travellers, particularly foreigners, and remains closed due to heavy snowfall half the year.
- Avoid Manali-Leh highway, snowfall likely - Oct 23, 2011
- Time for pulsating action on Himachal highway - Jun 09, 2011
- Rohtang Pass reopens after five months - May 25, 2011
- Rohtang Pass to be re-opened for traffic this week - Apr 11, 2010
- Tourists evacuated from Rohtang Pass - Jul 11, 2011
- Stuck since December, they await Himalayan road's reopening - May 24, 2011
- Rohtang Pass re-opens for traffic - Apr 14, 2010
- Snow clearing work begins on Manali-Leh highway - Mar 01, 2011
- Manali-Leh highway partially reopened - Jun 01, 2011
- Permit must for Manali-Leh travel by non-Himachal vehicles - Jun 26, 2011
- Working 24X7 to see light at the end of Rohtang tunnel - Jan 15, 2012
- Rohtang Pass to be operational till Nov 15 - Nov 01, 2010
- Fresh snowfall in Rohtang Pass forces closure of Manali-Leh highway - Apr 19, 2010
- Don't travel on Manali-Leh highway after October - Oct 07, 2010
- Rohtang Pass reopens for traffic - Aug 06, 2012