Manali-Leh highway opened to trafficSeptember 25th, 2008 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
Manali (Himachal Pradesh), Sep 25 (IANS) The 475-km-long Manali-Leh National Highway opened to traffic Thursday after it remained blocked for a week due to heavy snowfall, an official said.”The Manali-Leh (road) was opened to traffic this evening (Thursday),” S.K. Doon, commander, 38 Task Force, General Reserve Engineering Force (GREF), told IANS.
The highway was closed for traffic following heavy snowfall Sep 19.
The highway is crucial because most of the rations and other necessary material required by the army in forward areas in Himachal Pradesh are supplied through it.
- Rohtang Pass reopens after five months - May 25, 2011
- Rohtang Pass re-opens for traffic - Apr 14, 2010
- Rohtang Pass to be re-opened for traffic this week - Apr 11, 2010
- Snow clearing work begins on Manali-Leh highway - Mar 03, 2010
- Manali-Leh highway reopens for traffic - Jun 07, 2010
- Snow clearing work begins on Manali-Leh highway - Mar 01, 2011
- Manali-Leh highway re-opens for traffic - May 21, 2009
- Manali-Leh highway reopened, 282 people rescued (Lead) - Sep 04, 2009
- Rohtang Pass reopens for traffic - Aug 06, 2012
- Over 150 stranded in Himachal hills - Jun 10, 2010
- Early snowfall closes Manali-Leh highway - Sep 04, 2009
- Time for pulsating action on Himachal highway - Jun 09, 2011
- Manali-Leh highway partially reopened - Jun 01, 2011
- Manali-Leh highway likely to reopen Saturday - Jun 04, 2010
- Avoid Manali-Leh highway, snowfall likely - Oct 23, 2011