Man sues builder for leaking roof, wins compensationMarch 23rd, 2009 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) The owner of an office here who suffered losses in business and property because of a leak from the public toilet above took the builder to court and will get Rs.100,000 in damages.
The Delhi State Consumer Commission presided over by Justice J.D. Kapoor has directed M/s. M.M. Developers & Promoters Pvt. Ltd. to compensate the purchaser who had suffered losses not only in business but also damage to the walls, floors, roof and furniture because of the leakage.
Kapoor observed that for deficiency in service, the builder has to compensate a consumer adequately in respect of actual or expected loss, mental agony, harassment, physical discomfort, emotional sufferings and also for having forced the consumer to seek legal remedy.
Anand Prakash Adlakha had purchased an office unit in Mini Market, Janakpuri from M/s. M.M. Developers & Promoters but after taking possession he found leaks in various parts of the building. He was particularly affected by the leak from the public toilets above his office. Despite several requests, the builders did not rectify the problem, Adlakha told the court.
- Oil spill off Mumbai coast - Jan 21, 2011
- Court slaps Rs.20,000 fine on NRI - Jan 29, 2012
- Man gets Rs.500,000 for courier firm's negligence - Jan 22, 2012
- Political bickering mars Agra religious fest - Sep 28, 2011
- Furniture worth lakhs gutted in Chandigarh fire - May 15, 2012
- Apex court slams civic officials for illegal constructions - Jun 01, 2011
- Ansal Housing pulled up for not handing possession of flat - Apr 07, 2009
- Minister in trouble again, could alter poll pitch (Goa newsletter) - Feb 03, 2012
- Animal attack victims in Tamil Nadu to get higher relief - Aug 17, 2011
- Japan battles to reduce pressure on quake damaged nuke plants - Mar 12, 2011
- Karishma Kapoor promotes furniture in Bangladesh - Apr 16, 2011
- Shimla losing its monsoon magic? - Aug 19, 2011
- Bio-technology the only way to combat world hunger: Experts - Oct 20, 2011
- Court fines airline Rs.20,000 for lost baggage - Apr 11, 2009
- Four held in Delhi MLA's shooting - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: damages, delhi state, developers, furniture, harassment, leaking roof, leaks, legal remedy, losses, mental agony, mini market, New Delhi, physical discomfort, promoters, public toilet, public toilets, purchaser, pvt ltd, sufferings, taking possession