Mamata hints at CPI-M hand in Kolkata Metro snagsOctober 23rd, 2010 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 23 (IANS) Trinamool Congress chief and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday hinted that the recent snags in Kolkata Metro and train accidents in West Bengal are the handiwork of the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) to defame her.
“I have all the information. I know who are creating these problems in Metro,” said Banerjee while addressing a rally in Kolkata.
“Metro is a very popular means of transportation and that is why they are creating troubles in it. The CPI-M is creating problems in Metro to defame me. But the CPI-M comrades should remember one thing that the common people will not forgive them,” she said.
The Kolkata Metro in the recent past has faced frequent disruptions and technical snags, triggering panic among regular commuters.
The first ever derailment of two coaches in the history of the Kolkata Metro, launched in 1984, was reported Wednesday.
Metro services were again disrupted briefly Friday after a train developed a technical snag at Kavi Subhas terminal station.
Banerjee Saturday also indicated that the CPI-M is behind the recent train accidents in the state as the Marxists were unable to fight her politically.
“The CPI-M is unable to fight me politically that’s why they are doing these sabotages to defame me. If they want to fight me let them fight politically. Why are they doing sabotages and killing innocent people. They will not succeed by killing innocent people,” added Banerjee.
Earlier this year, more than 200 people died in West Bengal in two major train accidents.
- Railways to reward those who catch saboteurs: Mamata - Oct 30, 2010
- Mamata indulging in politics of gimmick: Left Front - Oct 24, 2010
- Mamata U-turn: Blames CPI-M for Gyaneshwari train tragedy - Feb 19, 2012
- Not a single Railways job created in Bengal: Buddhadeb - Oct 30, 2010
- No rail accidents after new technology is installed: Mamata - Oct 07, 2010
- Snags hit Kolkata Metro again - Oct 23, 2010
- Protests cannot stop development: Mamata - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Trinamool showing mercy by not seeking President's Rule' - Dec 31, 2010
- CPI-M failed to generate employment in Bengal: Mamata - Dec 12, 2010
- Biman Bose may face suit - May 04, 2012
- Crowds absent a day after Kolkata Metro derailment - Oct 21, 2010
- West Bengal's intellectuals divided over rail disaster - May 30, 2010
- Mamata does volte-face on train accident, blames Maoists - Nov 16, 2011
- Mamata ridicules CPI-M for demanding her resignation - Jul 21, 2010
- CPI-M flays minister for rail accidents - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: common people, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, commuters, CPI, derailment, disruptions, handiwork, mamata banerjee, marxists, means of transportation, metro services, railway minister, ruling communist party, snags, technical snag, terminal station, train accidents, trinamool congress chief, west bengal