Malaysian flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airportFebruary 20th, 2011 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) A Malaysian Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur to Delhi Sunday made an emergency landing at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here after the pilot noticed a technical glitch in one of the engines, an airport official said.The flight had about 150 passengers, all of whom were safely evacuated after the aircraft landed at 3 p.m.
“The ATC (air traffic control) was alerted by the pilot of Malaysian Airlines for preparing the runway for an emergency landing. The airport authorities, security personnel, emergency and fire services were kept on standby while the aircraft made the landing,” a top airport official said.
“The flight landed at the Terminal-3 of IGI and all due procedures during such landings, including fire tenders, were present on the tarmac,” he added.
According to the official, one of the engines failed some distance away from Delhi.
“Fire service personnel evacuated all the passengers immediately. No one was injured. Technical checks are being conducted on the aircraft,” he added.
- Snag-hit American Airlines flight departs for Chicago - Jun 21, 2011
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Air India flight skids off runway in Kanpur - Jul 20, 2011
- Faulty alarm causes GoAir flight to make emergency landing - Jun 06, 2011
- Reports of near-misses in Delhi untrue: Airport authority - May 20, 2011
- Air India flight makes emergency landing - Aug 30, 2011
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing at Jammu - Jun 13, 2012
- Seven flights cancelled in Delhi for technical reasons - Dec 24, 2011
- Super jumbo makes emergency landing at Hyderabad airport - Oct 23, 2011
- Stranded Air India passengers to land in Delhi by 3 p.m. (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing in Delhi - Jul 02, 2011
- SpiceJet makes precautionary landing at Mumbai airport - Apr 13, 2012
- 'Bird-hit might have caused Air India flight to turn back' - Jul 22, 2011
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's help but passengers miffed (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's cooperation (Evening Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: air traffic control, airport authorities, checks, delhi airport, delhi fire, emergency landing, fire service, fire services, fire tenders, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, kuala lumpur, landings, malaysian airlines flight, New Delhi, pilot, security personnel, tarmac, technical glitch, terminal 3