Major Retail Stores To Remain Open On Thanksgiving This YearNovember 25th, 2010 - 7:44 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Even a few years back the Black Friday was considered to be the official beginning of the year end shopping season in the USA. Thanksgiving on the other hand was meant for celebrating with family members and friends and gorging on mouthwatering dishes. However, with time the shopping trends are changing for sure. In the last few years the trend among people to start shopping on Thanksgiving Day itself started growing. This year a record number of people are expected to hit the retail outlets in USA on Nov 25th which is the Thanksgiving Day. Compared to 2009 a lot more retail outlets will remain open this year today t cope with the rising number of customers who can not wait till Black Friday for bagging the bargain deals. Sears for example will remain open on Thanksgiving Day for the very first time in its history as it has announced.
Walmart however remained open on Thanksgiving Day last year and this year will not be an exception for it. The retailers have also decided to open their stores on Thanksgiving from morning. Sears will open the doors of its stores from 7 am on Nov 25th as it has said. Kmart another major retailer of SA will open its doors on Thanksgiving even earlier at 6 am, a hitherto unprecedented move.
Louise Callagy a spokesperson for Gap has said “Our customers appreciated the option of shopping on Thanksgiving Day”. The retailers have also kept options for those who do not want to move out of homes on Thanksgiving for shopping. If they buy online at the sites of retailers like Walmart, Target and some others they can avail some nice deals.
- Kmart Black Friday Deals Sound Tempting - Nov 16, 2010
- Walmart Offers Some Black Friday Goodies On Thanksgiving Itself - Nov 25, 2010
- Black Friday 2011 Walmart early openings - Nov 23, 2011
- Macys Unveils Its Black Friday Offers Finally - Nov 17, 2010
- Kmart Thanksgiving And Black Friday Sales Make Waves - Nov 25, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 Walmart Ads, & Other Sales - Nov 19, 2010
- Black Friday 2010: NRF Counsels The Need For Retailers' Readiness To Tackle Troublesome Situations - Nov 20, 2010
- Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales Season - Nov 28, 2010
- Countless Mesmerizing 'Black Friday 2010' Offers Already Enunciated - Nov 19, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 ads leaked yet again - Nov 19, 2010
- Retail Stores Try Their Best To Attract Shoppers With Black Friday Deals - Nov 21, 2010
- US Stores Compete For Best Black Friday Ads 2010 - Nov 25, 2010
- Black Friday Brings Online Bonanza In 2010 - Nov 20, 2010
- Black Friday Frenzy Affecting Shoppers Early In 2010 - Nov 19, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 Ads By Wal-Mart Leaked Online - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: bargain, black friday, doors, family members, gap, kmart, mouthwatering dishes, open on thanksgiving, ranjan, retail outlets, retail stores, sears, shopping, spokesperson, target, thanksgiving, thanksgiving day, unprecedented move, walmart, year end