Mahindra to relaunch Stallio motorcycleJuly 4th, 2011 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 4 (IANS) With an eye to the fast growing motorcycle market in India, Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd (MTWL) Monday said it will relaunch its 110cc bike Stallio later this year.
“We will be relaunching the Stallio during the festive season this year. Earlier, we had made a soft launch of the bike. We have made some modification and it is ready for launch,” Devendra Shinde, marketing vice president of MTWL, told reporters here.
The Mahindra Group company, which entered the two-wheeler market in 2008, has registered a 53 percent growth in eastern India during April-June this year over the same period last year.
The company, which currently deals in 125cc scooters, is working towards expanding its portfolio.
“We have a strategic intent to be an end-to-end player in the two-wheeler market. Over a period of time, we will have presence in the motorcycle segment as well,” said Shinde.
He added that the company’s participation in this year’s Moto GP would go a long way in creating a brand space for itself in the motorcycle market.
Mahindra Racing, comprising German rider Marcel Schrotter and British racer Danny Webb, will be participating in the 125cc class of the 2011 Moto GP championship.
Italian design house Engines Engineering, which the Mahindra Group acquired earlier, has been working on the designs of the bikes.
“Although our major emphasis is on scooter market, with increasing demand in the rural and semi urban markets, we are also committed towards the motorcycle segment. Work is on developing 135cc and 155cc motorcycles,” Shinde added.
- MotoGP still a distant dream for Indian riders: Mahindra Racing - Nov 15, 2011
- Mahindra Group unveils electric car - Jan 07, 2012
- Mixed fortunes for Mahindra at Estoril GP - May 07, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp in technology alliance with Italian firm - Sep 13, 2012
- Mahindra Racing bag points at Le Mans - May 20, 2012
- Suzuki looking at India as a two-wheeler export hub - May 15, 2012
- Mahindra Racing join hands with Swiss firm - Aug 24, 2012
- Mahindra to foray into motorcycle segment next year - Nov 04, 2009
- Hero MotoCorp unveils new range of two-wheelers - Jan 04, 2012
- HMSI launches its second 110 cc bike for mass market - May 15, 2012
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- Bajaj eyes 25 percent share in bikes market this year - Apr 21, 2011
- Honda to make 100cc bike in India - Mar 21, 2011
- Mahindra to launch Duro DZ scooter at Auto Expo - Dec 27, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp launches new motorcycle Impulse - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: 110cc bike, 125cc class, danny webb, eastern india, engines engineering, festive season, german rider, group company, italian design, launch, mahindra group, marcel, moto gp, motorcycle market, scooter market, scooters, strategic intent, two wheeler, two wheelers, urban markets