Mahindra to invest Rs.8 bn in used car businessOctober 1st, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Oct 1 (IANS) Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd plans to invest around Rs.8 billion ($174 million) in its used car business, being done by Mahindra First Choice Services Ltd (MFCS) under the brand of CarXSpace, a top group official said here Wednesday.”In five years time, we will open around 300 outlets across the country,” Rajeev Dubey, Mahindra group management board member, told reporters.
A subsidiary of the $6.7-billion Mahindra and Mahindra, MFCS is in the space of servicing and sales of used cars and also spare part sales.
Inaugurating the company’s first CarXSpace outlet here, Dubey said the turnover of MFCS will reach Rs.65 billion by 2015.
MFCS may get into e-commerce mode by setting up a common platform for buyers and sellers, he added.
According to Dubey, in India around one million used cars were sold last year.
“The sales of car spares at the retail end is estimated to be around Rs.200 billion,” he added.
MFCS is also in talks with non-life insurance companies to offer cashless damage claims settlement for car owners.
- Mahindra FirstChoice mulls listing in 2013 - Mar 24, 2010
- Daimler Financial Services bets big on lease deals - Jul 19, 2011
- Mahindra First Choice plans to sell 1 lakh pre-owned cars by 2015 - Jul 21, 2012
- TVS group acquires Britain-based firm - Mar 27, 2012
- Mahindra First Choice eyeing 55 percent more sales in east India - Nov 10, 2011
- Dollar Industries eyes Rs.5 bn turnover in 2012-13 - Apr 05, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra Ltd merge - Mar 21, 2012
- BEML to hive off its railway business - Dec 12, 2011
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- AB Group to venture into luxury car retailing - Jan 20, 2011
- BEL records marginal sales growth in 2011-12 - Apr 02, 2012
- Wheels India to invest Rs.70 crore on expansion - Oct 27, 2011
- South African fund shows interest in Indian insurance - Sep 07, 2011
- Bata Q2 net jumps 28 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Usha Martin Q1 net profit down 86.5 percent - Jul 31, 2012