Mahindra Satyam to expand operations in MalaysiaDecember 1st, 2009 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 1 (IANS) Mahindra Satyam is expanding its operations in Malaysia by moving more software development and delivery operations to its solution centre in that country, the IT bellwether said Tuesday.
In a regulatory statement, the company said it would enlarge its Global Solution Centre in Kuala Lumpur by moving more global software development and delivery operations there.
The centre is located in Cyberjaya, a prominent information technology corridor in Malaysia.
The state-of-the-art solution centre, which has a 1,100-seat development block and a data centre to host 1,100 servers, will serve as Mahindra Satyam’s largest technology development and delivery facility outside India.
At present, the centre has 500 full-time local engineers serving local and global customers.
“Selecting Malaysia to launch our international expansion underscores the faith we continue to have in Malaysia’s advanced infrastructure, rich talent pool, and competitive cost environment,” Satyam’s senior vice-president (Asia Pacific) Rohit Gandhi said.
In June this year, the Hyderabad-based firm, formerly known as Satyam Computer Services, was acquired by Tech Mahindra, the IT services arm of the Mahindra group, after its founder B. Ramalinga Raju confessed to manipulating the company’s accounts for several years.
Mahindra Satyam has development and delivery centres in many countries including the US, Canada, Brazil, Britain, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and China.
- Saab India Technology Centre opens in Hyderabad - Oct 21, 2011
- CA, Mahindra set up joint research centre - Apr 24, 2012
- Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam to merge (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Infosys to train British youth in software skills - May 09, 2012
- Two-fold jump in Mahindra Satyam's net profit - Aug 10, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam reports loss due to lawsuit settlements (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam to participate in World Economic Forum - Jan 17, 2012
- TCS expands US presence, opens new facility in California - Jan 31, 2012
- Stage set for Mahindra Satyam's merger - Mar 20, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra Ltd merge - Mar 21, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam to acquire minority stake in Dion Global - Feb 10, 2012
- Infosys among top service providers in China - Jul 13, 2012
- $10m US settlement in firm's interest, says Mahindra Satyam - Apr 06, 2011
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- WIPRO computerises five cooperative banks - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: art solution, asia pacific, b ramalinga raju, bellwether, delivery centres, delivery facility, delivery operations, gandhi, global customers, global software development, global solution, international expansion, mahindra group, rohit, satyam computer services, senior vice president, solution centre, talent pool, technology corridor, united arab emirates