Mahindra sales up 16.6 percentMay 1st, 2009 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd has posted a 16.6 percent increase in its domestic sales last month at 22,617 vehicles as against 18,447 units in April 2008.
The company’s core utility vehicle (UV) segment has posted 36.03 percent jump in sales, Mahindra said in a statement Friday.
“Mahindra has posted a strong performance with 36 percent growth in domestic sales in the UV segment. All our products, including Scorpio, Bolero and Xylo, continue to outperform the industry,” Rajesh Jejurikar, chief of operations of Mahindra’s automotive business, said.
The company sold 18,447 UVs, including 3,509 Xylos in April, comparing to 13,460 units sold in the like period of last year.
However, the export numbers for the automaker were considerably down, reporting a 39.3 percent drop from 638 units in April 2008 to 387 last month.
Logan, a sedan manufactured in Mahindra’s joint venture plant with Renault in Nashik, continued its dry run with sales plummeting 67.9 percent to 550 units from 1,713 in April 2008.
- Mahindra to launch SsangYong SUVs by next year - Sep 05, 2011
- Mahindra records 20 percent sales growth in March - Apr 01, 2010
- Mahindra and Mahindra's January sales up 22 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Mahindra and Mahindra net profit jumps 242 percent - Oct 29, 2009
- Auto companies start 2012 with good sales (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Excise duty hike pushes auto sales up in March (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2012
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's April sales up 3.4 percent - May 01, 2012
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Mahindra sales up over 21 percent in February (Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Auto sales stay on pace in April (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Auto companies report healthy sales number for February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Sales slowdown for auto companies in May (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012