Mahindra sales slip 14.1 percent in MayJune 1st, 2009 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra sold 16,581 vehicles (including three wheelers) in the domestic market last month, 14.1 percent down from 19,296 units it sold in May 2008.
“In spite of the recent shutdown of our Nashik plant, we clocked very impressive sales numbers of 16,581 units in May 2009, reflecting a very positive and healthy demand for our products,” Mahindra chief of operations (automotive sector) Rajesh Jejurikar said in a statement.
“We do not expect the strike to have any impact on our annual plans,” he added.
Factory workers at Mahindra’s Nashik plant had gone on a two-week-long strike last month, protesting against the suspension of a union leader.
The exports during the period were down almost 79 percent at 285 units as against 1,357 vehicles exported in May 2008.
The sale of Mahindra’s core utility vehicles declined almost 3.3 percent to 12,620 units last month from 13,048 vehicles in the corresponding month last year.
Jejurikar said the loss of production on account of the strike would be made up by cancelling the planned closure next week for maintenance.
- Mahindra sales up 16.6 percent - May 01, 2009
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Mahindra & Mahindra grows 19 percent in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- M&M plans passenger variant with mini-truck Maxximo - Sep 02, 2010
- Mahindra and Mahindra's January sales up 22 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki May sales up 1.9 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Sales slowdown for auto companies in May (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Auto sales stay on pace in April (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Excise duty hike pushes auto sales up in March (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2012
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Auto companies start 2012 with good sales (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- Auto companies report healthy sales number for February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011