Mahindra opens defence vehicle plant in HaryanaMarch 17th, 2009 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) Tuesday inaugurated a defence-vehicle manufacturing plant in Haryana’s Prithla region.
The Rs.400-million (Rs.40-crore) facility is expected to roll out 200 vehicles by year-end.
“The company is also looking for a long-term strategic partner for its naval business,” Mahindra chief executive Khuttub Hai told reporters.
The factory, which started production in January, will initially build armoured version of Mahindra’s Scorpio and Bolero sports utility vehicles (SUV).
Later, the plant will produce Axe military vehicles as well as mine-shielded vehicles.
Mahindra’s defence vehicle business is targeting a revenue of Rs.20 billion in five years from Rs.1 billion currently.
- Advanced Bolero to attract more buyers - Sep 09, 2011
- M&M; unveils SUV Rexton, to invest in new platform - Jan 05, 2012
- Mahindra to launch SsangYong SUVs by next year - Sep 05, 2011
- Mahindra receives more than 5,000 bookings for XUV5OO - Oct 07, 2011
- Chennai will be world's largest auto-manufacturing hub: Stalin - Feb 10, 2011
- M&M; mulls Rs.4,000 crore investment in Tamil Nadu - Jun 01, 2012
- Mahindra inks pact to acquire Ssangyong Motors - Aug 23, 2010
- Mahindra eyeing African market for new SUV - Sep 29, 2011
- Mahindra, BAE Systems ink military vehicles' JV - Nov 30, 2009
- Jharkhand gets mine-protected vehicle to fight Maoists - Aug 25, 2011
- Mahindra and Mahindra receives 5,900 SUV bookings - Jan 27, 2012
- M&M in Gulf JV for armouring vehicles - Jun 17, 2010
- Deepak Chhibba named CEO of M&M-BAE Systems defence JV - Feb 08, 2010
- M&M; is Indian F1's official vehicle partner - Sep 05, 2011
- Mahindra launches premium sports utility vehicle XUV500 - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, axe, bolero, chief executive, haryana, manufacturing plant, march 17, military vehicles, New Delhi, rs 1, rs 40, scorpio, sports utility vehicles, strategic partner, vehicle business, vehicle plant, year end