Mahindra launches new ScorpioMarch 6th, 2009 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) Friday launched an upgraded variant of its popular sports utility vehicle (SUV) Scorpio at a price range of Rs.721,000 to Rs.999,000 (ex-showroom Delhi).
The new model, with changes in its exteriors including headlight, bumpers and side doors, comes at a time when Mahindra along with auto makers worldwide is reeling from slowing sales and rising input costs.
Mahindra’s vice-president for sales Arun Malhotra told reporters here that the company had been under tremendous pressure during the second half of 2008.
He, however, added that a rise in sales this February was encouraging.
“The sentiment has improved lately and the market seems to be revving up, but all is not fine as of now. We have seen improvement in the last one-and-a-half months but still nothing can be predicted about the trends in the coming months,” Malhotra said.
- Mahindra eyeing African market for new SUV - Sep 29, 2011
- Volkswagen to reduce Polo, Vento prices to boost sales - Sep 04, 2012
- Honda launches new variant of City sedan - Dec 14, 2011
- Mahindra to re-open XUV bookings in January - Dec 03, 2011
- Mahindra receives more than 5,000 bookings for XUV5OO - Oct 07, 2011
- Renault raises compact car Pulse price - Feb 23, 2012
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- Mahindra launches premium sports utility vehicle XUV500 - Sep 29, 2011
- Mahindra rolls out Thar for off-road adventurists - Dec 28, 2010
- Toyota luanches limited edition Corolla - Jun 05, 2012
- New variant of Hyundai's Santa Fe SUV launched - Sep 26, 2011
- Mahindra and Mahindra receives 5,900 SUV bookings - Jan 27, 2012
- Audi launches luxury sports utility vehicle - Jun 06, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZire - Feb 01, 2012
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011