Mahindra launches CNG pick-up truckMay 26th, 2009 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) Tuesday launched a CNG variant of its existing pick-up truck Maxx Maxi.
Priced at Rs.379,900 ex-showroom Delhi, the Maxx Maxi Truck with a load capacity of 820 kilogram was first launched in 2006. The new version is about Rs.50,000 costlier than the diesel variant.
“With the launch of this truck, we have completed the range of our offerings in the commercial CNG segment between Rs.130,000 to Rs.500,000,” said Vivek Nayer, senior vice-president (marketing), Mahindra’s automotive sector.
Mahindra currently holds 85 percent market share in the sub-one tonne commercial vehicle segment.
Nayer hopes the Delhi government would go ahead with plans to make CNG compulsory for commercial vehicles running in the city, a move that would benefit the company.
Though CNG is available only in 8-11 cities right now, CNG infrastructure in the country is expected to be expanded in the next two to five years, he added.
The vehicle, which comes with a three-year warranty, has a range of 250 km on a single filling and claims 40 percent savings as compared to its diesel counterpart.
- Advanced Bolero to attract more buyers - Sep 09, 2011
- Mahindra to re-open XUV bookings in January - Dec 03, 2011
- Pick-up category to grow 15-16 percent in 2012: Mahindra - Jan 28, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- Mahindra receives more than 5,000 bookings for XUV5OO - Oct 07, 2011
- Tata's market share in SUVs to go up by two percent - Feb 15, 2012
- Audi Q5's diesel variant launched - Mar 28, 2011
- Mahindra launches premium sports utility vehicle XUV500 - Sep 29, 2011
- Mahindra to launch passenger cars on Gio platform - Jan 21, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga, enters MUV market - Apr 12, 2012
- Mahindra's mini-truck forays into southern market - Jul 15, 2010
- Mahindra rolls out Thar for off-road adventurists - Dec 28, 2010
- Mahindra to launch SsangYong SUVs by next year - Sep 05, 2011
- Mahindra Navistar to beef up product distribution range - Jan 24, 2011
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: commercial vehicle segment, commercial vehicles, counterpart, delhi government, infrastructure, kilogram, launch, market share, New Delhi, offerings, one tonne, rs 50, rs 500, running in the city, senior vice president, senior vice president marketing, vice president marketing, warranty