Mahindra kick-starts two-wheeler foray with FlyteMay 5th, 2009 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 5 (IANS) Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd, part of the $6.7-billion Mahindra Group, Tuesday introduced ‘Flyte’, its first two-wheeler offering, across all markets in India.
The Flyte is a 125cc automatic scooter with features like front fuelling, the largest storage space in its class and four-in-one anti-theft key and telescopic suspension that ensures a smooth ride.
This is part of Mahindra’s strategy to foray into the two-wheeler market following the acquisition of the business assets of Kinetic Motor Co in late 2008.
Anoop Mathur, Mahindra’s two-wheeler business president, said: “The introduction of the Flyte marks the beginning of our two-wheeler foray.”
Initially, the two-wheeler will be available at the company’s 238 dealerships in tier II and III cities.
“We use the design and engineering services of all our affiliates, including the Italy-based Engines Engineering, in all our product development work to give technologically superior products to our consumers,” Mathur added.
Mahindra has a wide range of vehicles including multi-utility vehicles, light commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles and three wheelers. The company offers over 20 models, including new generation utility vehicles like the Scorpio and the Bolero.
- Mahindra Group unveils electric car - Jan 07, 2012
- Mahindra to foray into motorcycle segment next year - Nov 04, 2009
- Mahindra to launch Duro DZ scooter at Auto Expo - Dec 27, 2011
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- Kareena to endorse Mahindra's PowerScooter - Oct 07, 2010
- Mahindra to relaunch Stallio motorcycle - Jul 04, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp in technology alliance with Italian firm - Sep 13, 2012
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Kinetic Engineering and Kinetic Motor to merge - Dec 09, 2011
- Ahead of polls in 5 states, Mumbai police warn of car thefts - Jan 11, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- TVS to roll out scooters, bikes with common engine - Dec 28, 2011
- Vibgyor Vehicles to export two-wheelers to Africa, Nepal - Dec 21, 2010
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp unveils new range of two-wheelers - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: anoop, bolero, business assets, chennai, engineering services, flyte, foray, light commercial vehicles, mahindra and mahindra, mahindra and mahindra ltd, motor co, passenger vehicles, scorpio, smooth ride, storage space, superior products, three wheelers, tier ii, two wheeler, utility vehicles