Mahindra, Italian firm tie-up for farm equipmentDecember 4th, 2010 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 4 (IANS) The farm equipment wing of automobile giant Mahindra and Mahindra Saturday announced its tie-up with Italian company Maschio-Gaspardo, a leading global brand manufacturing rotary tillage equipment.
As a result of this partnership, Mahindra’s AppliTrac business will receive an exclusive supply of a complete range of rotary tillage equipment from Maschio-Gaspardo, company officials said here during the Agro-Tech fair being held here by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Pawan Goenka, president, Automotive and Farm Equipment Sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Egidio Maschio, president, Maschio Gaspardo signed the agreement here Saturday.
Goenka said: “Mahindra has always endeavoured to deliver farm tech prosperity to the Indian farmer either through innovative products or services. Our partnership with Maschio is one more step in that direction as it will provide farmers with greater options for mechanization. With this association we hope to provide world class products to increase rural productivity and efficiency.”
As part of the agreement, Maschio will manufacture rotovators bearing the Mahindra brand name. The latter will be available at both Mahindra and Swaraj dealerships.
Maschio will also manufacture other kinds of rotary tillage equipment for planting, seeding, crop care and crop residue management for Mahindra AppliTrac.
“This agreement will facilitate availability of an extensive variety of farm machinery to provide better mechanisation to farmer and all these equipments would be sold under the Mahindra brand name,” Goenka added.
With issues such as labour shortage and increasing wage and input costs, farm mechanisation has witnessed rapid growth in rural areas in the recent past, officials from both companies said.
- EID Parry, New Holland to promote farm mechanisation - Nov 04, 2011
- M&M; research centre inaugurated - Apr 12, 2012
- Mahindra eyeing African market for new SUV - Sep 29, 2011
- Mahindra to sell 120,000 SsangYong cars globally this year - Jun 22, 2011
- Mahindra launches hydrogen-powered three-wheeler - Jan 09, 2012
- Farm mechanisation essential to improve agriculture: CII - Jun 12, 2011
- Mahindra launches premium sports utility vehicle XUV500 - Sep 29, 2011
- ITL in pact with Argentinian firm to sell its products - Oct 21, 2010
- Mahindra may delay XUV500 export to meet local demand - Oct 08, 2011
- Bangalore firm plans retail chain for farm machinery - Aug 06, 2009
- M&M; unveils SUV Rexton, to invest in new platform - Jan 05, 2012
- New tillage practice cuts greenhouse emissions, ups farm yields - Jan 14, 2011
- Mahindra Group unveils electric car - Jan 07, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.1.10-lakh crore investments in agri-business - Dec 02, 2011
- India, Myanmar must conclude banking cooperation deal: CII - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: company officials, confederation of indian industry, crop care, crop residue management, egidio, farm machinery, farm mechanisation, global brand, innovative products, input costs, italian company, italian firm, labour shortage, mahindra and mahindra, maschio gaspardo, mechanization, rapid growth, rural areas, swaraj, tillage equipment