Mahindra Group unveils electric carJanuary 7th, 2012 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) The Mahindra Group Friday unveiled its Reva NXR next generation concept electric vehicle (EV). The car is expected to be launched in November around Diwali.
The unveiling took place at the Auto Expo being held here.
“Just imagine travelling from Connaught Place to Delhi international airport for an energy cost of Rs.10 and doing so in air-conditioned, climate-controlled comfort in your own car without emitting a single molecule of harmful gases,” Pawan Goenka, president, automotive and farm sectors, said about the vehicle.
“We are already working on integrating a comprehensive eco-system of sustainable mobility solutions, encompassing alternative technologies such as electric, hybrid and fuel cells into our research, development and commercialisation plans.”
Another Mahindra company, Mahindra2Wheelers showcased scooter, Duro DZ and race bike, MGP30.
“Duro DZ compliments our product portfolio which currently boasts the popular Rodeo and Flyte,” said Anoop Mathur, president, Mahindra 2 Wheelers (two wheelers). According to Mathur, the company will shortly re-launch its 110 cc motorcycle, Stallio.
“We will shortly be re-launching the Stallio, our 110 cc motorcycle which is currently completing extensive customer trials and showing very encouraging results.”
The bike was which was launched in 2010, developed problems with its gear box and the production was subsequently suspended in February 2011.
- Mahindra to launch Duro DZ scooter at Auto Expo - Dec 27, 2011
- Mahindra to launch more new vehicles next fiscal - Jan 10, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- Mahindra to relaunch Stallio motorcycle - Jul 04, 2011
- Mahindra to launch Reva NXR in six months - Oct 07, 2011
- Mahindra to foray into motorcycle segment next year - Nov 04, 2009
- Aamir Khan unveils Mahindra's two motorbikes in Mumbai - Oct 01, 2010
- Mahindra forays into electric cars with majority stake in Reva (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- Kareena to endorse Mahindra's PowerScooter - Oct 07, 2010
- Mahindra launches mini-truck - Jan 05, 2010
- Spark goes out of General Motors India's deal with Reva - May 26, 2010
- TVS Motor launches upgraded TVS Star City model - Jan 24, 2012
- Mahindra and Mahindra acquires electric car maker REVA - May 26, 2010
- Mahindra kick-starts two-wheeler foray with Flyte - May 05, 2009
Tags: alternative technologies, auto expo, connaught place, customer trials, delhi international, diwali, eco system, electric car, electric vehicle, energy cost, farm sectors, fuel cells, harmful gases, mobility solutions, nxr, product portfolio, race bike, reva, sustainable mobility, two wheelers