Mahindra gets order for 15,000 Xylo in three monthsApril 29th, 2009 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 29 (IANS) Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) has received huge bookings for its multi-utility vehicle Xylo in the last three months, a top official said here Wednesday.
“In the last three months, 15,000 Xylo were booked. In the last month alone, we have sold 2,954 units,” Vivek Nayer, senior vice-president (marketing-automotive sector) of M&M, told reporters.
He was here to unveil a customised Scorpio, a sports utility vehicle (SUV) from the company, for soccer star Bhaichung Bhutia.
M&M sold 3,200 Scorpio vehicles last month, Nayer said.
Asked about the outlook for the current financial year, he said: “It’s difficult to speak about the outlook. We are looking at month-to-month performance. Current month is going fine. Let’s wait and watch how the situation unfolds.”
In 2008-09, M&M has crossed 57 percent of the total utility vehicles market share in the country. In the previous year it was around 51 percent, Nayer said.
- Mahindra to launch SsangYong SUVs by next year - Sep 05, 2011
- Advanced Bolero to attract more buyers - Sep 09, 2011
- M&M; is Indian F1's official vehicle partner - Sep 05, 2011
- Mahindra & Mahindra grows 19 percent in July - Aug 01, 2012
- M&M; logs 22 percent sales growth in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Mahindra receives more than 5,000 bookings for XUV5OO - Oct 07, 2011
- Mahindra's mini-truck forays into southern market - Jul 15, 2010
- Mahindra to re-open XUV bookings in January - Dec 03, 2011
- Mahindra eyeing African market for new SUV - Sep 29, 2011
- M&M; unveils SUV Rexton, to invest in new platform - Jan 05, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Mahindra launches premium sports utility vehicle XUV500 - Sep 29, 2011
- Mahindra and Mahindra receives 5,900 SUV bookings - Jan 27, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar's July sales up 99 percent - Aug 01, 2011
Tags: april 29, bhaichung bhutia, bookings, market share, previous year, scorpio, senior vice president, senior vice president marketing, soccer star, sports utility vehicle, three months, utility vehicles, vehicles market, vice president marketing, xylo