Mahindra and Mahindra’s January sales up 22 percentFebruary 1st, 2012 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 1 (IANS) Automobile major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M;) Wednesday reported a 22 percent rise in its January sales at 44,717 units from 36,718 units sold during the corresponding month of 2011.
“We are happy to achieve all time high sales of 44,717 units and a strong growth of 22 percent, thanks to the good performance of all our brands,” Arun Malhotra, senior vice president, sales and customer care, automotive division, Mahindra & Mahindra, said in a statement.
“XUV500 continues to create excitement in the market and the second round of bookings has evoked an overwhelming response.”
The company said domestic sales grew by 20 percent at 41,369 units in the month under review from 34,601 units sold during January 2011.
Exports in January zoomed by 95 percent at 3,348 units from 1,713 units shipped out in the corresponding period of last year.
“Four-wheeler commercial segment which includes the passenger and load categories has registered a growth of 35 percent at 13,725 units (as compared to 10,193 sold in January, 2011).”
- Auto companies start 2012 with good sales (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- M&M; logs 22 percent sales growth in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Mahindra to re-open XUV bookings in January - Dec 03, 2011
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's January sales up eight percent - Feb 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Car sales growth lowest in last seven months - Jun 11, 2012
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- Slowdown, inflationary pressures affect automobile sales in August (Roundup) - Sep 01, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Auto sales stay on pace in April (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Sales slowdown for auto companies in May (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012