Magma renames itself, sees 43 percent loan disbursal growth this fiscalAugust 13th, 2008 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 13 (IANS) Financial services company Magma Shrachi Finance Limited expects 43 percent growth in loan disbursals in the current fiscal, a top company official said here Wednesday. “Keeping in line with loan disbursals in the first quarter, we expect to grow at 43 percent during the current fiscal,” Sanjay Chamria, the company’s vice chairman and managing director, told the media here.
He was meeting the media to announce that Magma Shrachi Finance Limited has been renamed as Magma FinCorp Limited.
The company at present has a total asset base of $2 billion (Rs.80 billion) and has 200 branches spread across 21 states in India.
“Close to 70 percent of our branches are in rural and semi-urban areas,” Chamria said.
The company provides finance for commercial vehicles, construction equipment - both retail and strategic, cars and convenience loans to people who are financially weak.
“Our car and commercial vehicle financing grew by 70 percent in 2007-08 and 60 percent in the first quarter of the current year,” he said.
Chamria claims the company has a market share of 6 percent in commercial vehicle financing and 2.9 percent in passenger car financing.
In the last two months, 95 percent of its lending has gone towards small and medium enterprises, he said.
- Magma to roll out housing finance, gold loan business FY13 - Apr 27, 2012
- Magma Fincorp focusing on western, southern India - Sep 05, 2011
- Magma Fincorp net rises 161 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2010
- Magma Fincorp posts Rs.26.46 crore Q4 net profit - May 31, 2010
- Magma Fincorp to offer Rs.246-cr retail loans in Karnataka - Nov 13, 2010
- Magma's Q2 income up 27 percent - Oct 17, 2011
- Magma Fincorp plans to reach semi-urban, rural belts - Sep 20, 2010
- Magma Fincorp Q1 net jumps 93 percent - Jul 12, 2012
- Magma Fincorp net up by 61 percent in Q1 - Jul 15, 2010
- Magma Fincorp to mark presence in Vidarbha - Oct 08, 2010
- Magma Fincorp to disburse Rs.343 crore in Chhattisgarh - May 05, 2010
- Magma Fincorp joins hands with VE Commercial Vehicles - Mar 08, 2010
- Magma Fincorp to give Rs.532 crore in loans in Punjab, Haryana - Jul 05, 2010
- Magma Fincorp Q2 profit up 67 percent - Oct 12, 2010
- Magma Fincorp to disburse Rs.352 crore in Rajasthan - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: asset base, car financing, cars, commercial vehicles, construction equipment, convenience, financial services company, fincorp, first quarter, kolkata, last two months, loans, managing director, market share, passenger car, sanjay, small and medium enterprises, states in india, urban areas, vice chairman