Madhya Pradesh to set up industrial corridor panelMay 13th, 2008 - 10:07 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, May 13 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Chief Secretary Rakesh Sahni will head the empowered committee to be set up by the state government to oversee the development of Rs.400 billion ($10 billion) industrial corridor, officials here said. The corridor, part of the Delhi-Mumbai corridor, will go through western Madhya Pradesh.
The decision was taken at a meeting Tuesday Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan held with officials. He also sanctioned Rs.10 million for the initial preparations of the project, said the officials.
The Madhya Pradesh Trade and Investment Facilitation Corp (TRIFAC) will be the nodal agency for setting up the project.
The government is also planning to develop an industrial area on both sides of the corridor with financial and technical cooperation of Japan.
With the new industrial projects coming up, the state government is hopeful that the employment opportunities would be doubled and production and exports would soar in the next five years.
The 1,483-km corridor between Dadri (Delhi) and Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai will go through Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
Japan will provide an assistance of Rs.2.42 trillion for the project under which a knowledge city will be developed near Dewas, Madhya Pradesh. A logistic hub between Indore and Dewas and a diamond park at Indore are also proposed.
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh, IL&FS tie up to develop industrial zones - May 26, 2009
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor making progress: Mukherjee - Mar 16, 2012
- Tokyo Summit to focus on Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor - Jul 04, 2011
- Partner Japan to have 26 percent stake in DMIC - Apr 30, 2012
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor: Tokyo summit to sign projects (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Former Japan PM Hatoyama meets Manmohan Singh - Jan 17, 2011
- India, Japan in pact to build green cities - Dec 28, 2009
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor may cost $100 bn - Dec 01, 2010
- Delhi-Mumbai corridor will put Gujarat on global map: Modi - Aug 28, 2009
- Land takeover begins for Delhi-Mumbai corridor - Aug 22, 2012
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor work to start soon - Feb 17, 2009
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Rajasthan urged to make industrial development master plan - Oct 20, 2009
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor to be model of bilateral ties: ex Japan PM - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: bhopal, chief minister, chief secretary, diamond park, gujarat, indore, industrial corridor, industrial projects, initial preparations, investment facilitation, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru port, knowledge city, maharashtra, mumbai, next five years, nodal agency, rs 2, state government, technical cooperation