Madhya Pradesh, IL&FS tie up to develop industrial zonesMay 26th, 2009 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 26 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government has signed an agreement with IL&FS Infrastructure Development Corp (IIDC) for the development of three industrial zones under the central government’s ambitious Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) project.
This project will prove to be a milestone in the future industrial development of the state, Minister for Commerce, Industry and Employment Kailash Vijayvargiya said Tuesday.
The agreement was signed Monday between Madhya Pradesh Trade and Investment Facilitation Corp (Trifac) and IIDC.
Under the deal, Trifac and its partner firm will jointly work to develop three industrial areas - Ratlam-Nagda Investment Region, ShajapurDewas Industrial Area and Neemuch-Nayagaon Industrial Area, an official of the state Industry department told IANS.
“Trifac has appointed IIDC as the project management consultant for the development of the investment nodes as per the conditions laid down in the agreement,” said the official, who did not want to be identified.
The 1,483-km long DMIC, which is expected to cost $90 billion, passes through five states with a series of industrial zones that will be serviced by a string of dedicated freight expressways, rail links and other facilities.
According to government reports, once the DMIC project is complete, the employment potential will double and the industrial output will go up three-fold in five years.
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor making progress: Mukherjee - Mar 16, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain town to have knowledge city soon - Oct 09, 2009
- Partner Japan to have 26 percent stake in DMIC - Apr 30, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor may cost $100 bn - Dec 01, 2010
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor work to start soon - Feb 17, 2009
- Land takeover begins for Delhi-Mumbai corridor - Aug 22, 2012
- IL&FS investment banking arm launches UK operations - Nov 04, 2009
- Phase I of Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor by 2018: Sharma - Apr 30, 2010
- Former Japan PM Hatoyama meets Manmohan Singh - Jan 17, 2011
- India's first bamboo park in Tripura - Apr 06, 2011
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Delhi-Mumbai corridor will put Gujarat on global map: Modi - Aug 28, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh initiates work on freight corridor - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: central government, commerce industry, dedicated freight, dmic, expressways, government reports, iidc, industrial areas, industrial corridor, infrastructure development, investment facilitation, kailash, madhya pradesh government, milestone, mumbai, partner firm, project management consultant, state minister