Madhya Pradesh chief minister woos NRIs to stateJanuary 12th, 2010 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 12 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Tuesday invited non-resident Indians (NRIs) to set up industries in the state, assuring them the state government was committed to extending them the maximum facilities.
Addressing a daylong Bharatiya Pravasi Sammelan here, Chouhan said that an Integrated Industrial Township will be developed for NRIs between Bhopal and Indore and an NRI Cell is also being constituted to look into the problems faced by overseas Indians coming to invest in the state.
He said the purpose behind organising Bharatiya Pravasi Sammelan was to augment investments in the state as well as establishment of cordial relations with the NRIs having connection with or interest in Madhya Pradesh.
After getting apprised of specialities of Madhya Pradesh, a number of NRI industrialists have taken the initiative for development of the the state, Chouhan said and added that the state government will provide the necessary infrastructure for industries to be set up by them.
Citing the advantages of the state, he said apart from being in the heart of the country, Madhya Pradesh is also free from terrorism, Naxalism and dacoit menace.
Lands are cheaper in comparison to other states, and people and government of the state are cooperative. The industries are getting benefit of this industrial peace and 24-hour power, he said.
Chouhan also honoured three NRIs - Deepchand Vyas, Rashmi Shah and Anurag Shrivastava - for their contribution. The three said they have come to attend the conference only due to their attachment with Madhya Pradesh.
- NRIs unhappy with Chouhan's absence from diaspora event - Jan 12, 2012
- What happened to Bhopal's housing scheme, ask NRIs - Feb 22, 2011
- Congress protests Madhya Pradesh's fertiliser, power shortage (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Shivraj Chouhan flip-flop on railway budget - Mar 14, 2012
- Not reaching out to NRIs for money: Ahluwalia (Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- NRIs get right to vote in Indian elections (Second Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- Infosys, TCS to generate 20,000 jobs in Madhya Pradesh - Dec 28, 2011
- Ramdev's eviction attack on Indian democracy: Chouhan - Jun 05, 2011
- Sushil Modi appeals NRIs to visit Bihar to boost tourism - Jan 09, 2011
- Congress highlights farmers plight in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 09, 2012
- Punjab to launch card for NRIs - Jul 30, 2012
- Lakhs of students participate in Surya Namaskar in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 12, 2012
- India honours 14 of diaspora for enhancing its global image - Jan 09, 2012
- Not reaching out to NRIs for money: Ahluwalia - Jan 09, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh to have emergency '108' service in all districts - May 24, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,