M&M; mulls Rs.4,000 crore investment in Tamil NaduJune 1st, 2012 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 1 (IANS) Automobile major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M;) plans to build a vehicle plant at an outlay of Rs.4,000 crore in Tamil Nadu, a top company official said.
Anand Mahindra, vice chairman and managing director, along with other officials, met Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa on this Friday.
Speaking to reporters here after the meeting, Mahindra said: “We are on an exploratory visit. The meeting is to discuss an exploration for a new investment for an automotive plant.”
He added the company is looking at other states for investment as well.
According to him the proposed investment will probably be the single largest investment in the automotive sector.
M&M; President (Automotive Business) Pawan Goenka said the meeting with the chief minister was the first “and we are looking for land and the incentive package that the state can offer”.
He said the investment for the proposed plant will be around Rs.4,000 crore.
- Mahindra may delay XUV500 export to meet local demand - Oct 08, 2011
- M&M; research centre inaugurated - Apr 12, 2012
- Chennai will be world's largest auto-manufacturing hub: Stalin - Feb 10, 2011
- M&M to set up passenger vehicle plant in Tamil Nadu - Nov 09, 2010
- M&M; unveils SUV Rexton, to invest in new platform - Jan 05, 2012
- Mahindra launches premium sports utility vehicle XUV500 - Sep 29, 2011
- Tamil Nadu gives tax incentives to 10 investors - Feb 26, 2011
- Ford India to invest Rs.750 crore in Chennai plant - Jan 20, 2012
- Mahindra and Mahindra acquires electric car maker REVA - May 26, 2010
- Mahindra to sell 120,000 SsangYong cars globally this year - Jun 22, 2011
- Mahindra eyeing African market for new SUV - Sep 29, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to ink more investment agreements: Jayalalithaa - Apr 18, 2012
- Hyundai proposes Rs.1,500 crore investment in Tamil Nadu - Jan 21, 2011
- Mahindra receives more than 5,000 bookings for XUV5OO - Oct 07, 2011
- French auto giant PSA Peugeot to invest Rs.4,000 crore in Tamil Nadu - Jun 29, 2011