M & M wins Frost & Sullivan Voice of Customer AwardDecember 27th, 2007 - 1:37 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Dec 27 (ANI/Business Wire India): Mahindra Powerol, a subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra, has recently received the Frost & Sullivan Voice of Customer award for the most preferred brand in telecom segment.
On receiving the award, P. Palaniappan, Vice President, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (Mahindra Powerol Business) said, “Frost & Sullivan’s Genset excellence award is a great achievement for the genset industry. This prestigious award will also help us in strengthening our organization’s customer centric approach. I am very delighted that Frost & Sullivan has enthusiastically come forward to glamorize the genset industry with this voice of customer award. Palaniappan added.
I would like to express my thanks to all my telecom partners for this achievement, it is because of their persistent demand of settling for nothing but the best has helped us in winning this award,
According to Amol Kotwal, Industry Manager, Energy and Power Systems Practice, Frost & Sullivan, “Mahindra Powerol’s penetration in the exponentially growing India’s telecom sector is commendable given the fact that the Company forayed in the Genset market just a few years back. The Voice of Customer Award for Most Preferred Brand in the Telecom (cell-sites) segment is a true reflection of the Company’s efforts to address customer requirements, thereby creating a strong brand loyalty.”
Based on detailed end-user research and customer feedback on various parameters, 10 award titles were presented to companies in recognition for their pioneering efforts with regard to their product lines, innovative distribution strategies, customer service and support par excellence, outstanding contribution to the industry or for achieving a competitive or customer-based leading position in the Indian Gensets Industry.
The Genset market in India is valued at more than INR 50 billion.
A booming economy and increasing power demand-supply deficit act as major drivers for this market.
The Indian Genset market is uniquely positioned to traverse on this growth trajectory.
Frost & Sullivan expects it to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 15 percent between 2007 and 2012.
With increasing competition between incumbents and new players, customer feedback and satisfaction assessment (Voice of Customer) provides insights on how companies are placed in this market from an end-user perspective.
Customers’ high degree of preference and satisfaction with a brand reflects the Best Practices followed by companies’ in setting the benchmark of excellence.
Frost & Sullivan followed a rigorous methodology for selecting the Award recipients.
Detailed end-user and customer interviews with key decision makers (drawn from relevant functional departments) from various industry segments were conducted. These interviews were executed across various locations in India using a questionnaire.
Respondents assigned ratings on a 7-point semantic scale reflecting their satisfaction on various attributes within a given criterion. Weightages were assigned to different criteria based on their perceived importance.
Winners within a category were selected using powerful statistical analysis to compare the aggregated scores on attributes and rank assigned to different brands for relative positions. (ANI)
- GVK BIO gets Frost & Sullivan best practices award - Nov 21, 2011
- Mobile number portability not much of a hit - Dec 04, 2011
- M&M; in talks with four firms for solar powered UPS - Apr 05, 2012
- Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segment - May 27, 2012
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
- Ruling ends spectrum row for once and all: Experts - Feb 02, 2012
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Taiwanese, Chinese imports a threat for UPS makers - Feb 13, 2012
- Indian telecom industry's revenue plunges 2.52 percent - Jun 22, 2011
- Indian small and light commercial vehicles to log 18 percent growth - Jul 20, 2012
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- Mahindra, BAE Systems ink military vehicles' JV - Nov 30, 2009
- Now test LG's products at its demonstration zones - Jul 28, 2011
- P. Balaji new Nokia India vice president, managing director - Jul 13, 2012
- Mahindra and Mahindra's January sales up 22 percent - Feb 01, 2012