Luxury dinner could make even the richest think twice before orderingJanuary 28th, 2011 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 28 (IANS) A luxury hotel in China is offering a special dinner package for the upcoming Chinese lunar new year that may cause even the most well-off to think twice before ordering it. It’s priced at 388,888 yuan (about $59,000).The high price of the dinner package has made it one of the most expensive New Year’s Eve dinners in the country, China Daily reported Thursday.
The five-star Crowne Plaza Suzhou, located in the city’s industrial park in Suzhou, administrative division of east China’s Jiangsu Province, is offering the package since mid-January.
The dinner package includes dinner for eight on Feb 2, the Chinese New Year’s eve, one night’s accommodation in the presidential suite and transportation in a Hummer vehicle.
The dinner features 10 succulent courses such as Ah Yat Abalone, braised white truffle with shark fin and stewed wild honeycomb with bird’s nest.
Traditional Suzhou art, including pingtan, a type of storytelling and ballad singing in the local dialect, and performances of embroidery will be presented during the dinner.
“The package aims to provide a different New Year experience for high-end customers. The price is not our selling point,” a member of the hotel’s marketing department who declined to be named was quoted by the Daily.
“The package will be available to a single customer and everything will be prepared,” she said, adding the hotel has received a number of inquiries.
- Destination India could be next for Michelin guides (Eating Out With IANS) - Dec 12, 2010
- Chinese astronauts have dog meat on menu to keep fit - May 13, 2010
- Chinese building mocked as giant long johns - Sep 04, 2012
- Christmas feast: Turkey takes centre stage at dinners in Goa - Dec 13, 2010
- Suzhou: China's Venice of the East (Letter from China) - Oct 09, 2011
- Christmas celebrated in style in Kerala - Dec 25, 2011
- Shock video turns tide against shark's fin soup - Sep 16, 2010
- China mulls shark fin ban at official banquets - Jul 03, 2012
- Now, Chinese tailors copy Kate's wedding gown - May 01, 2011
- Heavy equipment imports from China hurting domestic industry: Government - Nov 29, 2011
- General Motors agrees to sell Hummer to Chinese company - Oct 10, 2009
- Easter with largest egg weighing over a ton - Apr 15, 2012
- Ten most attractive Chinese cities for foreigners - May 03, 2012
- Infected girl's 'dine with a stranger with Hepatitis B' awareness campaign - May 18, 2010
- Extra drinks on sixes and wickets - at pubs, restaurants - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: administrative division, china daily, chinese lunar new year, chinese new year, country china, crowne plaza, dialect, dinner package, east china, feb 2, jan 28, jiangsu province, lunar new year, luxury hotel, marketing department, s industrial, storytelling, white truffle, wild honeycomb, yuan